High Capacity Shop Vac

Name
Swani
We have a really large flood cleanup job with dirt and debris and a regular 16 gallon shop vac isn't going to cut it. I had A.I. draw this picture for me, but it isn't quite right, but hopefully you can use it help see what I'm saying. I would like to hook 1 or 2 shop vac to a trash can and then port another vac hose out the can to use to extract. It would be like an inline filter/waste tank. Do you guys think this could be done?
Screenshot_20231019_223521_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:
Name
Nate W.
Filter boxes with sump pumps have been used in the past.. It helped keep the sucking going better.. What machine would you be hooking up to it? If electric, I believe you can only get about 12" lift before you'll start popping breakers and imploding a 55gallon drum.. Same with a gas TM.. Make sure the box/trashcan can withstand the sucky sucky..

Reactions: Living The Dream

Mikey P

Administrator
We have a really large flood cleanup jog and a regular 16 gallon shop vac isn't going to cut it. I had A.I. draw this picture for me, but it isn't quite right, but hopefully you can use it help see what I'm saying. I would like to hook 1 or 2 shop vac to a trash can and then port another vac hose out the can to use to extract. It would be like an inline filter/waste tank. Do you guys think this could be done?
View attachment 124907

Is this Papa John's new 370?

FredC

Village Idiot
I remember seeing similar when we were discussing collecting rubber beads while cleaning astroturf but no idea how well it would work for floods with a shop vac

Name
Swani
I remember seeing similar when we were discussing collecting rubber beads while cleaning astroturf but no idea how well it would work for floods with a shop vac

That would work perfect. I would order it, but I need it yesterday, so I think I can make something to get me by. Do you think I could hook my portable to that without jamming it full of debris?

FredC

Village Idiot
That would work perfect. I would order it, but I need it yesterday, so I think I can make something to get me by. Do you think I could hook my portable to that without jamming it full of debris?

It's probably pricier than it should be just using it as example a drum with a baffle* tacked to the lid and some hose fittings or even a trash can with a gasket should work

*might not be needed

a portable may do it but I can't be sure but the debris should be captured in the tank...especially if there is a baffle/screen

Reactions: Living The Dream

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom