Hello out there on Mickey's Board! Glad to be a small part!

tjfar1

Here are the vitals of who I am:

Full Name- T.J. Farrell

Company Name- Cleaning Services Incorporated

Owner or employee- Owner and employee (I keep getting fired but the boss keeps rehiring me!)

How long in the trade- 10 years - 5 part-time, 5 full-time

City and state- Geneva, IL

Website- http://www.grimeneverpays.com

Phone number if no website (PM me with it if you wish)- 630-364-9216

Are you a member of a cleaning association?

Are you a supplier or manufacturer?

Services offered (carpet, rugs, uph, water damage, leather, repairs etc)-

Main cleaning equipment owned- Prochem Blazer XL, Mytee portable

How did you find Mikey's Board- Jon-Don Strategies for Success

How can we help you- Give me good, honest advice

How can you help us- Giving good, honest advice

Here is how I got here:

A friend of mine bought a ServiceMaster franchise 10 years ago and asked me if I would work for him part-time. I worked for him about 3 years part-time and then went to work for another ServiceMaster full-time for about 2 years. I learned how to clean carpet, upholstery and handle water losses. I took a job in my previous industry (real estate brokerage- 14 years) with an old friend. I still worked part-time for SerivceMaster for about 15 months on call doing water losses on weekends. I then started up a cleaning business with a partner. He was an old-timer with no desire to learn anything new about the business. I spent 2 years trying to get the old-timer to change but, as the saying goes, you can't teach an old dog new tricks. I went to work for a cleaning and restoration company started by my former general manager and supervisor. I was a field supervisor and also had marketing duties with them. It was hard working for some one else after being on your own, so in late May I struck out on my own again. I am by myself, although I still call up the old-timer every now and then to give me a hand with jobs. He also lets me use his truck mount (He's, in his own words, semi-retired).

I believe that with the right attitude, solid marketing, and a strong work ethic this business will grow into the best damn cleaning company in the area. I'm looking forward to learning from everyone here about the business and to participate fully by giving advice where I see fit and where I'm knowledgeable.

always remember, you get by giving.

Mikey P

Administrator
Re: Hello out there on Mickey's Board! Glad to be a small p

Welcome!!!

Did Toburan tell you how nice and polite we are here?

tjfar1

Thanks Mikey for the warm welcome and thank you for putting this thing together!

Steve said it can get a bit little "blue" around here! That's fine, it reminds me of home!

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville

tjfar1 said:
Thanks Mikey for the warm welcome and thank you for putting this thing together!

Steve said it can get a bit little "blue" around here! That's fine, it reminds me of home!

Yeah, welcome TeeJay.

What does this mean ??...............

"Steve said it can get a bit little "blue" around here! "

It all seems black and white to me, but I'm a foreigner so I'm not supposed to understand.

Ooroo,

:roll:

tjfar1

Shorty Down Under said:
tjfar1 said:

Yeah, welcome TeeJay.

What does this mean ??...............

"Steve said it can get a bit little "blue" around here! "

It all seems black and white to me, but I'm a foreigner so I'm not supposed to understand.

Ooroo,

:roll:

Hey Shorty, thanks for the greetings from down under!

Blue in this sense means indecent, profane or risque.

Must be an American idiom!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom