Hello everyone.

jcdsog

Hello everyone. My name is James Carter and i own carolina carpet & upholstery care. i bought a jani-king franchise in jan 97 and had that til 2003. i actually bought a carpet machine in 98 but didnt do too much with it at first. probably a handfull of jobs a year... but that wasnt where my revenue came in at anyways. i actually dont even remember what machine i had. i know it was a portable, it was big and blue, had a bladder inside. and i believe i paid $5500 for it and all the accessories. i slowly started getting more into carpet cleaning towards the end. well needless to say, our enclosed trailer with ALL of our equipment in it got stolen. so i havent been doing much since then and i just decided that maybe id give it another try. i know i couldnt afford a TM and i actually liked the portability of a portable. i did a little research and just got my Mytee 1003dx about a week ago. i've been out of the loop for a while so id like to try to catch back up. i'm mostly focusing on commercial clients as that's all i did with Jani-King and i still have some connections, so i have geared my marketing towards that. Let me see, right now i have:

1003dx
2 jet want
56" internal spray crevice tool
internal spray upholstery tool
75' of hoses

chemicals i have:
powerhouse enzyme prespray
flush rinse aid
dry cleaner
kryptonite
novel rust remover
ink away
red relief

well i guess that's about what's goin on with me as far as carpet cleaning goes. im sure ill be posting questions in the near future.
thanks,
j

-JB-

Name
JB
Welcome.

Your being watched.

You've been warned. :mrgreen:

Name
George Valliant
Hi James,

I'm suprised you got away from Jani-King. They contact me every few months wanting me to buy into their franchise. Should I give them the time of day, walk away, or run?

jcdsog

jani-king isnt too bad actually. just know that youre gonna pay like 15% off top to them. so if you dont mind that its not too bad. they do train you and finance any equipment you need. and you get paid from them (once a month i might add) wether a client pays or not. and you can normally pick up chemicals, etc. and they just take it out of your monthly check. but absolutely NO side work is allowed. so it has its ups and downs. if youre a go-getter then you're probably better starting a commercial cleaning business yourself. if not, jani-king will be happy to find you contracts for money :wink:

jcdsog

i think the cheapest franchise you could get when i started was like $1500 and that guaranteed you so much amount of work per month. the more you paid, the more money they would guarantee in contracts.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Welcome....you are in one of the best places there is to pick up on things and learn as you got....After awhile you will get use to how dis-functional we are but there are a lot of great people in here and all are willing to help...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom