Has anyone ever cleaned the entrances at a Walmart?

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Too much work for so little pay.
If my Mach15 would've had a good seal on the carpet, I would've been able to make quota on time. But since I had to use my little prochem quad, I lost a lot of time.

And I didn't prepare for the job like I should've. When I arrived I had to find someone to give me access to a room that had water access on both sides each time I finished a side. And I never should've used an inline filter. Both my devastators got clogged up with mud (Yes I prevacced).

I think if those two things weren't in the way, I would've saved enough time to make quota. I made $66/hr on that job, but I was by myself. So I'm not complaining too much

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
No, you are actually lucky -in a sort of - weird way that your wand didn't "have a good seal" on that carpet. That wouldn't have allowed even that much air movement to extract moisture, as opposed to what you got with your other wand.

Reactions: Mikey P

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
No, you are actually lucky -in a sort of - weird way that your wand didn't "have a good seal" on that carpet. That wouldn't have allowed even that much air movement to extract moisture, as opposed to what you got with your other wand.
I somewhat agree and disagree. You need a good airflow, but you also need to have a connection to close off one of the lips on the wand to get that air to direct the water up .

It felt as if there was no connection on either of the lips with the mach15, which would've over wet the carpet.

I know this by how fast the carpet dried. It felt bone dry the next day, and how much water and mud I was extracting

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
This whole thing would have made a better TV show than that sweaty guy who does the Ron Papke impersonations..
Here's a little bit of the tv show on it. Have fun harassing my camera skills. I have no clue why I recorded like this. I laid my phone on it's side to give us full screen.

Next time, I'll call Kellie and bum some TCS chems off her while she's recording the job

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
@SamIam Notice how I wear black socks with my black shoes. Are you taking notes?

This is quality education here. This tells you not to mount your phone on your hydroforce's slot, don't waste your time cleaning walmart, and you can see how I was confusing myself on what I already cleaned, because I was about to pass out, LOL

SamIam

Name
sam miller
@SamIam Notice how I wear black socks with my black shoes. Are you taking notes?

This is quality education here. This tells you not to mount your phone on your hydroforce's slot, don't waste your time cleaning walmart, and you can see how I was confusing myself on what I already cleaned, because I was about to pass out, LOL

I have black socks! The were all soiled , I since bought 6 more pair in fear of the black
Socks Police.

"BLACK SOCKS MATTER".

Unless your wearing white shoes!

Reactions: BIG WOOD

SamIam

Name
sam miller
Those were knee highs no thank you!:eekk::dejection:

I actually like a quad wand so heavy it won't chatter with no glide it suck a mean carpet.

Still black top,oil, and rubber friction burn from shoe soles no thank you.

Anybody else go to the Grandparents and see the 2 black shoe lines burned into the carpet?? See the black rubber soled house shoes.

It's like as kids we drag our feet when we get old we drag our feet. :headscratch:.

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
0611161551b.jpg
0611161045.jpg
0611161045.jpg
It looks so foreign to me now to see someone relying on a wand to clean filthy carpet..
I relied on a wand to clean this last month at a factory. This carpet is older than the walmart's carpet.

No hack here.

Last edited:
Reactions: Desk Jockey

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
That wasn't my problem. It was how it recorded it. I laid the phone on it's side to make it record full screen, instead of laying it upright, but it still recorded like it was on upright position

I meant for you to show your pictures... I didn't even look at the video.

encapman

Name
Rick Gelinas
Grant makes a good suggestion. Restoring a trashed commercial carpet works well with a 2 step approach.

Two+Step+-+Seibert.png

Here's some dance moves you can try on your next trashed CGD carpet...

(Step 1: Extract) After a good vacuuming - Extract it like crazy! Take your time. Use the most intense extraction chemicals and equipment you can get your hands on. Expect that it will likely look terrible the next day.

(Step 2: Encap) The next day encap it with a strong mixture of a good crystallizing encap detergent, and speed dry the carpet. And if you'll run over it with a bonnet using a hydrogen peroxide based encap detergent to finish it off that'll help too.

Now you're a Two Step expert. ;)

2step.jpg

Last edited:

Mikey P

Administrator
Just make sure to fully explain why your are ding the two step..

And charge accordingly.

Matt, do you think Walmart would have let you do this?

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Just make sure to fully explain why your are ding the two step..

And charge accordingly.

Matt, do you think Walmart would have let you do this?
Yes, I think they would've, because of the trust I have with the managers of that store. But since I just talked about HWE with no guarantee, they were happy with that. For the record, they were very happy with the outcome of that job.

But...since the heavy traffic would be there the very next day, do you think the two step process would work on this specific type of job?

I would think that the two step would be good if there's no traffic in between step one and two.

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Grant makes a good suggestion. Restoring a trashed commercial carpet works well with a 2 step approach.

View attachment 15842

Here's some dance moves you can try on your next trashed CGD carpet...

(Step 1: Extract) After a good vacuuming - Extract it like crazy! Take your time. Use the most intense extraction chemicals and equipment you can get your hands on. Expect that it will likely look terrible the next day.

(Step 2: Encap) The next day encap it with a strong mixture of a good crystallizing encap detergent, and speed dry the carpet. And if you'll run over it with a bonnet using a hydrogen peroxide based encap detergent to finish it off that'll help too.

Now you're a Two Step expert. ;)

View attachment 15843
Can you show us the exact products you recommend on Step 2 with a link? Specific bonnet, and encap detergent?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom