Has anyone ever cleaned the entrances at a Walmart?

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
6Hrs to clean this turd. Im going to bed. I'll post more details tomorrow

Attachments

• 0630160145.jpg
    0630160145.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 260

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Cimex.....20 minutes. Oh I'm sorry its dirty? 25 minutes. :winky:
Dude, I went through 2 inline devastator filters just on one side of the store and I gave up on inline filters on the second side. I still have to pressure wash my recovery tank today before I go back to work after lunch.

That's the same as getting a piece of carpet, taking a shovel load of dirt and dumping it on the carpet, grinding it in, and lightly shaking off the carpet.
Try using the Cimex on that piece of carpet and see what you'll get. That's the same as what I worked with last night.

After I slowly prevacced the carpet a full hour to get as much dry dirt, it still was packed and ground in. My Royal couldn't to much because it couldn't vibrate the dirt to the top. This carpet was too far gone.

The only thing that would've helped it would be to turn the psi up to 2000 and pressure wash the dirt out. But that's not possible.

FFA

Name
FFA
Dude, I went through 2 inline devastator filters just on one side of the store and I gave up on inline filters on the second side. I still have to pressure wash my recovery tank today before I go back to work after lunch.

That's the same as getting a piece of carpet, taking a shovel load of dirt and dumping it on the carpet, grinding it in, and lightly shaking off the carpet.
Try using the Cimex on that piece of carpet and see what you'll get. That's the same as what I worked with last night.

After I slowly prevacced the carpet a full hour to get as much dry dirt, it still was packed and ground in. My Royal couldn't to much because it couldn't vibrate the dirt to the top. This carpet was too far gone.

The only thing that would've helped it would be to turn the psi up to 2000 and pressure wash the dirt out. But that's not possible.
Matt, you are only supposed to give it the "appearance" of clean. Roflmao

Get a grumpy??

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Ok, now that I got that off my chest: Here's what I did. I tried to post the pics in order.
After I prevacced. Oh wait, I gotta tell you this before I blabber on how I cleaned it. People looked at me like I was nuts vacuuming that carpet. My Royal is super loud when it's all the way down, and some lady came in and looked at me and said, "that thing is about to die!". lol I said, "no, that's just the sound of it wanting to vibrate the dirt to the top"

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Matt, you are only supposed to give it the "appearance" of clean. Roflmao

Get a grumpy??
My point was, I can't see it possible using a Cimex before HWE is needed. It will probably do a good job now that I got the heavy soil out.

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
0629162234.jpg
0630160205.jpg
0630160104a.jpg
0630160145a.jpg
0630160145b.jpg
Sorry after I prevacced,

I scrubbed with a red pad. I was gonna scrub with a green pad, but that stupid huge fan above that kept blowing down on the carpet was making my pre spray dry to soon, and I was worried that the green pad would overheat. In other words, the air movement in there was fighting me. There were a few places I couldn't let it dwell long enough, worried that it would dry before I HWE

On the first pic, it's after I HWE and spots were wicking like hell right after. So I went back and did just wet back passes and dry passes, then I went over it with my Green/white bonnet with some encap juice.

So the first and second pic was during the cleaning and after it was done on one side, and the 3rd and 4th is the same way on the other side

After I was done with the whole side, I Encapped the whole area, and it didn't look much better. If they're unhappy with it, I'll either rent a Cimex or...I'll let you guys tell me which route to take.

On the second side, I did the same thing, only I didn't do any post bonnneting, because of the results from the first side.
When I got to the door on the second side, I was so tired and wore out and the dirt was not coming out. So I cranked up my psi to 750 and it blew the mud out. I probably looks like sh** right now after It dried, but I was so pissed and tired I didn't care. I was gonna look like sh** if I didn't crank up the psi, so what's the difference.

It took a lot longer than I wanted, because I couldn't get my Mach15 to get a good connection, so I had to use my little prochem quad, which took ALOT longer to do:hopeless:
I planned on this job taking 4hrs, so I priced it at $400.
It took me 6hrs, and more energy than I wanted. I HATE UNDERPRICING JOBS!!!!

I felt like an 18year old kid who had a crappy boss sending him on late night jobs like this, only getting paid $8/hr (my job when I worked for someone else in '98)

But the last few photos are of how it looked after everything was exhausted.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Bob Pruitt

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
I'm uploading a video right now, so give me some time. I tried guys, sorry. for some reason, my camera recorded it this way. When I got to the side where I wanted to record it, I was so tired and already behind in timing, plus I had to baby sit the IDIOTS walking through the doors.

I freaking hate the stupid people that shop at walmart. They see a freaking machine in a trailer SCREAMING at them with hoses going in the door, and they still want to walk in that exact door. The power was off on the door and it wouldn't automatically open so they peek in like that's the only door to heaven, lol asking me if they can come in:hopeless:

WHAT THE HELL WAS I THINKING?! when I said that I might want to talk to other walmarts. PPFFSS!! I was a freaking idiot just for thinking that.

Reactions: Nate The Great

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
Looking at it today may not be helpful... I think it will reveal itself in about 6-7 days.

I would assume today it will still be wet. (even if it's dry to the touch on the top)
If it is a rubber backing type....I guarantee you it's still wet.

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Matt....you were supposed to call me because I'm not good at guessing job locations lol!
There are a lot of Wlmarts!
Sorry for not calling you. Since I figured this job ending so late and being 1.5-2hrs north of you on a night before work, I didn't want to bother you. I didn't think you wanted to hang around that late.

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Matt....you were supposed to call me because I'm not good at guessing job locations lol!
There are a lot of Wlmarts!
Sorry for not calling you. Since I figured this job ending so late and being 1.5-2hrs north of you on a night before work, I didn't want to bother you. I didn't think you wanted to hang around that late.

Mikey P

Administrator
Looking at it today may not be helpful... I think it will reveal itself in about 6-7 days.

I would assume today it will still be wet. (even if it's dry to the touch on the top)
If it is a rubber backing type....I guarantee you it's still wet.
Exactly

Just like in Atlanta..

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Mikey P

Administrator
Hello Matt.

This is Ervin Rinehart, the district manager here in Atlanta for Walmart
Say I understand your company cleaned our entry carpet last night. We want to thank you for your hard work and the great job.
Hey Matt when could you stop by to take a look at a few of the spots that have returned?
Oh and do you have some of that the smell good stuff to get rid of the wet dog odor? Some of our shoppers are complaining..

And maybe you could give that center section another swipe or two real quick like. The Manager of the Subway inside thinks it still sort of dirty looking.

Please give me call asap and thanks again, looks great buddy..

Robseyes

Name
Bob
Uggg. I feel your pain Matt. I'm sure sorry. We used to HWE the local Walmart before they went to all hard floors 20 years ago. It would take 2 truck mounts 3 nights. They made us move all the clothes racks (of course). We got paid for it though.....after 90 days.

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Here's how it looks today. A turd, but they're extremely happy.

I just found out that they tried to clean this last week with a rug dr. So when they saw how my machine was doing, they knew they were getting a valuable service

Reactions: FFA

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
No pic???

I think now you have more insight as to what some of the more seasoned guys were trying to tell you about this type of job.

It is still up to you and you alone as to if it is worth it to pursue or bid on these type of jobs.

Hope you learned both the pros and cons of this type of work.

Reactions: BIG WOOD

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
And I believe the carpet should be close to dry by now with the amount of dehumidification a Walmart has which has to be greater than 300 tons of cooling.

Bigger issue would be all the people aiding in the wicking process by walking on the wet carpet before it dried.

Floor wax dries in a Walmart in less than 20 each coat from my experience here in Texas which is pretty humid as well.

But again we are on the Internet.

Reactions: BIG WOOD

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Half
And I believe the carpet should be close to dry by now with the amount of dehumidification a Walmart has which has to be greater than 300 tons of cooling.

Bigger issue would be all the people aiding in the wicking process by walking on the wet carpet before it dried.

Floor wax dries in a Walmart in less than 20 each coat from my experience here in Texas which is pretty humid as well.

But again we are on the Internet.
Half of it was almost dry when i left and the first side was dry to the touch when i left.

That fan at the door was huge. I brought my blowers in, but didn't need to use them. It was a waste of time bringing them in and out, Lol

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom