had to buy POS rug

Papa John

Lifetime Supportive Member
Name
John Stewart
I think if it's pet urine, I will have them sign a release. If not they can fight over the stinky smell with them self.

We will be making this change/improvement.
Looks like doing the right thing pays off. The custy is already reffering us to her friends and we are getting bookings. :biggrin:

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
I didn't want to be mean....but my first thought was: They're referring friends because "yo LaTasheeka honey, call dis karpet people..'cause dey buy yo rug and you got to keep it girl mmmhmm"

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
i had a pottery barn rug do but red instead. i was able to remove all of the fugitive dye pretty easily. it took a few tries but i finally found a solution. red relief misted on took care of it.

IMG_0220.jpg
IMG_0061.jpg

Reactions: Ken692

Papa John

Name
John Stewart
Already picked up the refferal rug. It a Karistan. So I little better the pottery barn. I also informed her we are not responsible if color runs due to the pets stains.- she agreed

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Papa John

Name
John Stewart
If you end up with the rug, I would be interested in purchasing for use in our rug cleaning classes.

I'll keep u in mind.. I probably could fix the problem with Red Relief and steamIron towel method and the then Block and restreach the rug-- but I'm lazy.

Reactions: J Scott W

cleanking

Name
Jordan King
These tufted rugs clean just fine in our wash floor w/ centrifuge setup. Very rarely will we have any issues, it's about knowing potential issues and communicating these to the client upon inspection.

They're becoming some of the best selling rugs, gotta learn how to clean them if you want rug cleaning to be apart of your business.

Papa John

Name
John Stewart
So I guess the tech didn't learn anything. He brings in 3 more rugs with colored backing.
"WTF are these rugs doing in my plant"!! I ask him..
"What's Wrong with them?- dipshoot says.
"These are the same type of rug I just bought from a custy- don't u remember!!?"-- "OK so the color of the backing are gray and brown but Still the same issue! Explain to the custy the risk and get a release I tell him.
With release in hand. After vacumming I prespray both sides of the rug with CTI- Last step (acid rinse) to lock in the dyes. Cleaned both sides with cold water and the zipper and kept it out of the "Rug Jacuzzi"... Success-- no dye bleed.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom