Government- GSA Contracts

tres davis

Name
tres
Anyone have any experience doing government work through the GSA contract system? We are going through the registration process and was curious if anyone has done this and had any feedback. We are applying for just restoration services (water, fire, mold). Seems like there could be some good opportunity in it but obviously huge headache of paper work and blue tape dealing with government stuff. We have done a few so far as subcontractors for a Prime Contractor so not completely unfamiliar with the process. Any feedback or insight is appreciated.

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
My local social security office made me create a dun and Bradstreet vendors account and go through another 3rd party website to be able to get paid

I don’t know if that’s the same process you have to go through, but it took about an hour to fill out

tres davis

Name
tres
This is different, we do all the paperwork upfront
Takes a couple months
Then you have a set price list and are basically a "preferred vendor" for any government building
They are required to contact a GSA vendor first if one is available

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
Im going through it now. Its a f****** pain in the ass!!! I have a $6k job that is mine but the damn system keeps rejecting my stuff. Says i need to provide legal proof of my business. I’ve sent them everything three times now. I’m calling them today but this is it. I gIve up after this.

Last edited:

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
I did GSA work for several years. The majority of it was janitorial services for post office buildings in small towns. We got set-up for the fire and water restoration also but only had 1 small water line break in 7 or 8 years we did that work.

We only wanted to work in our local area. Some company from Delaware bid on every job in 30 state area. Then they tried to hire my employees at minimum wage and told them they had less time to complete the work. They did not like that.

It was somewhat of a pain to get set-up. But once we did it, the requests for bids and proposals came pretty regularly. The fire and water restoration was much easier to do since we already had the janitorial and were in the system. Starting with fire and water restoration would have been more difficult. They want to know your life history for those emergency services.

JohnHawkP

Name
John Paton
I need to start the process. Where do I head to? I'm sure there is a website full of overcomplicated forms ready to put me to sleep.

It might pay off to have a chat with a consultant who has knowledge of the process. The guy i used was an ex Fed employee who analysed applications.

I had to write so many policies like my Environmental policy and so forth.

For the $2K investment it was worthwhile and saved me a lot of time.

Kenny Hayes

Name
Kenny Hayes
If they want you to do the service, they will and know how to go around the system. For instance, pay you with a credit card. They’re like most all corporations. But they’re still a pain. The last time I was at Tinker, I got locked out on base with emergency drill.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom