Google Location Ads

WillS

Supportive Member
Name
Will
IMG_2718.PNG

it has started... Google allowing businesses to appear at the top of locations on first page. Any of you google adword advertisers out there using this feature yet? What's the cost per click on it? I wonder how much I'm costing ZeroRez clicking on there's.

Does it charge you by impression or when someone clicks to call or only visits your site? Any idea?

WillS

Supportive Member
Name
Will
Never mind. Looks like it charges you if anyone clicks anything on the ad.

Wonder how well they are working.
IMG_2719.PNG

WillS

Supportive Member
Name
Will
Lol everyone does. Hence why I have never spent one dollar with Google. I also think people from out of country are paid to click those ads. When I used the free $100 google adword credit, I was getting clicks from India and all over. I'm wondering how much per click it costs for those map ads.

EDS

Name
Ed
Gross that paid ads will be in the map pack...so glad I am implementing a plan to "distinguish" myself. Being on the top of google can only get us so far...

Onfire_02_01

Name
Jeremy Gray
Lol everyone does. Hence why I have never spent one dollar with Google. I also think people from out of country are paid to click those ads. When I used the free $100 google adword credit, I was getting clicks from India and all over. I'm wondering how much per click it costs for those map ads.
The question is who is paying someone from India to click on your ads? Seems like a waste of good money to me, but there are some d-bags out there.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
It does say "AD" in green and you do have more stars. Are you worried that if enough buy that it will push you out of the lineup?

Buying in wouldn't appear to be of that much value to you since you are already near the top of the list.

Reactions: EDS

TomKing

Supportive Member
Name
Tom
Your ad only gets charged one time for someone clicking on your ad.

Google has safe guards for that type of low ball crap.

That feature has not been rolled out here yet.

Last edited:

EDS

Name
Ed
Just saw it in my local map pack for an area I live in but have no customers in. Could be good if all guys like Ron and Will do not click on my ad....:cry: At 10-20a click it could get expensive real fast...especially if they keep unplugging the router....and yes google has safe guards but somehow I think they spent all the budget on designing how to get us to see adds rather then how not to charge advertisers for abusive clicks...

EDS

Name
Ed
I think it is probably easy to rationalize "sticking" it to the big guy. Having been the victim of it myself when I first started out (ip tracker) I try to avoid clicking on ads if I'm not interested in the service.

WillS

Supportive Member
Name
Will
Cleaners out to screw other cleaners... Puzzling.:headscratch:

You do know people work hard for the money they are spending on ads???

All cleaners are supposed to support each other's businesses in their competitive area? Tell that to the guys running ads against yours for $59 for 4 rooms while showing dirty dirty before and afters. It's not personal its business. If one needs to be heavily concerned about making sure their competition does well, then send them your overflow business.

I think your imagining us sitting here everyday clicking on ads.

EDS

Name
Ed
You bring up a good point Will. I have two guys in my service area that I could honestly say I am friends with. Both O/O. We borrow tools of one another, bounce jobs between one another and are friendly. We are all O/O. Friendly with a couple other Carpet Cleaners as well. One is a multi truck operation and the other is purely commercial. Those guys I get along with. The Commercial guy being the exception, we where all in the same ball park with pricing. That is fine. Even brought my CRB over to ones house last night and showed it of. Told him he had to buy one and I think he will too!

But there are a couple groups guys and real world hacks that I am not friendly with and actually despise. Would I click there ad though? No. I won't stoop to their level. I won't compromise my integrity for them...especially THEM.

Just like I will not do fake reviews for myself or against a competitor. Someone recently gave me one on yelp that was filtered out. It is a slippery slope if you go down that path. Not trying to be wise...just my .02 cents.

Reactions: WillS

todg

Name
Michael Marcus
I particularly like the guys who are "Joes Carpet Cleaning Service" offering tile and grout cleaning + sealing service using a PMF wand and floor stripper to clean tile and grout and charge near double of what I charge...Nice! They also have a great "dog and pony" show that I can't stand to hang around for...

Reactions: WillS

WillS

Supportive Member
Name
Will
We have one company we will refer business to when we are overbooked or it needs serious hwe cleaning. They do a good job, but aren't excellent in building relationships with customers. I guess it depends whether your competing with 5 carpet cleaners or 120.

EDS

Name
Ed
Different markets ...totally agree.
I thought I had it bad because I had no shoes until I met a man with no feet...

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper
Cleaners out to screw other cleaners... Puzzling.
All cleaners are supposed to support each other's businesses in their competitive area? Tell that to the guys running ads against yours for $59 for 4 rooms while showing dirty dirty before and afters. It's not personal its business. If one needs to be heavily concerned about making sure their competition does well, then send them your overflow business.
I think your imagining us sitting here everyday clicking on ads.

I'm sure not going to go out of my way to waste their ad money on the internet.
Wasting someones money for no reason. You own a cleaning biz, you SHOULD know how hard(sometimes) it is to make.

I'm kinda busting your balls Will, we spend a lot on internet ads. People wasting our money bugs the shat out of me.

Reactions: WillS and EDS

WillS

Supportive Member
Name
Will
That is why your passionate about it, because I'm sure its happened to you. Just like when we had a competitor doing fake reviews on our accounts, I promised myself I would never stoop to that level.

To each others experiences. :very_drunk:

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Cleaners out to screw other cleaners... Puzzling.:headscratch:

I wouldn't do it to someone running an honest business. I don't have time to sit at home clicking on ads but when I am online and checking my advertising, I have no problem clicking on some of the big boys ads. The little bit I do has no real impact on them but makes me feel better. The same if someone is running deceptive advertising. This is life in the real world and if you are going to pay by click for advertising, be prepared to pay for false clicks or don't bother. Last time I advertised on yelp, I compared what I paid with the actual leads that were generated and there were a ton of false clicks. I won't be doing that again. Total waste of money. I get a better response from my free yelp ad than I ever got from a paid ad. I haven't tried facebook yet. Or google.

Jim Williams

Name
Jim Williams
I wonder how many more years it will be before we all have to pay to show up on Google. For now I will enjoy my top organic ranking in two towns.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom