Google "Home Based Address" issue

Goldenboy

Name
Mike Waldron
ok I did that now I need to send a email what do i say and where do I send the email.

Golden Boy

Able 1

Name
Keith
NO email you tard... When they call you Wednesday just say "YES"..

Goldenboy

Name
Mike Waldron
Ok Fookhole. Have no clue about this shit. Fred C use to help me this stuff but now he is too busy taking care of my Dad to worry about BD's.

Golden Boy

Connor

Name
Connor
Ok Fookhole. Have no clue about this shit. Fred C use to help me this stuff but now he is too busy taking care of my Dad to worry about BD's.

Golden Boy

Hmm, Fred C has helped everybody else with this matter, what, did you expect a personal phone call or for him to access your account and do it for you?

Have no clue, indeed.

FredC

Village Idiot
lol...Waldo...you used to PAY me..........

That said I am out of people to test methods on for getting places back and I have something I would like to try..............so send me your info

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
Thanks for the thread on this. I didn't have any issues w/ my listing, but I did remove the address as you guys mentioned.

I've recently moved to another city about 30 mins away from my current location on my Places account. I wanted to change the listing to the current address but I was not sure if it was going to affect my ranking as I now show #1 or so on my current google places, I didn't want to have the risk of dissapearing off page 1 if I updated to my current city.

Thanks,
Bill

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
NO email you tard... When they call you Wednesday just say "YES"..

didnt work....i said YES, and it was still gone.....

me thinks they plug the addy in, and then if you are in the middle of a neighborhood.....GONE

racebum

We get 2 -3 calls a day from someone claiming to be Google wanting to update our listing...seems like each time it is a new number on the caller ID...and the automated calls drive me crazy.

i'm in the same boat and for the same reasons. what i do not understand about google is why they are calling when it's fairly well known that "hi this is google" is a popular scam solicit. had they just sent an email saying what the changes were and what to update or risk being deleted they would of had a MUCH better success rate and one hell of a lot fewer issues.

in most services businesses the phone only rings for 2 reasons, customers and solicitors.

mine was yanked on dec 7th, sent them an email. two weeks later got a reply saying it would be re que'd...still waiting for it to come back to life

Last edited:

racebum

didnt work....i said YES, and it was still gone.....

me thinks they plug the addy in, and then if you are in the middle of a neighborhood.....GONE

one of their top contributors on the help forum said exactly this. if it's zoned residential and past MLS listings exist they consider it non commercial and yank it

joey895

Supportive Member
Name
Joey J.
how long did your total turn around take? i'm guessing you wrote the local help email?

Mine went down Dec 27 and was back Jan 3.

I immediately did a support ticket and then when I got their canned response email I replied to that explaining MY mistake.

I received a call from them the morning of the 3rd where they verified my address and asked a couple other questions. An hour later when I checked I was back.

Later that evening I actually got a response to my initial email saying they were looking into the issue.

Oh I don't know if it helped or not but after they yanked me I logged into my places account and made a change and resubmitted. I read somewhere that doing that could move you up the que.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

FredC

Village Idiot
sounds like the second call was not connected to your support request. In a way it looks like you lucked out because the second phone calls don't seem to be common more of an overlap

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
i'm in the same boat and for the same reasons. what i do not understand about google is why they are calling when it's fairly well known that "hi this is google" is a popular scam solicit. had they just sent an email saying what the changes were and what to update or risk being deleted they would of had a MUCH better success rate and one hell of a lot fewer issues.

in most services businesses the phone only rings for 2 reasons, customers and solicitors.

mine was yanked on dec 7th, sent them an email. two weeks later got a reply saying it would be re que'd...still waiting for it to come back to life

I agree with the email part....plus then you dont have to talk to the "people" on the other end who dont or cant or wont, help you figure it out right then

joey895

Supportive Member
Name
Joey J.
I also should mention I reactivated my AdWords the same day i got yanked, that shouldn't matter but I thought I might have more of a leg to stand on if I was a paying customer.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
Thanks for the thread on this. I didn't have any issues w/ my listing, but I did remove the address as you guys mentioned.

I've recently moved to another city about 30 mins away from my current location on my Places account. I wanted to change the listing to the current address but I was not sure if it was going to affect my ranking as I now show #1 or so on my current google places, I didn't want to have the risk of dissapearing off page 1 if I updated to my current city.

Thanks,
Bill

Any suggestions?

Goomer

Name
Frank Mendo
check the google help forum. i think but am not positive that you're suppose to close your old location and then open a new one when you move locations

I think you may be right. I remember something like that also.

Bill, I think reviews are linked to your address, not your business\website, so either way, you may lose all your reviews. Starting over will mean starting at the bottom.
Do you still service the area that you moved from??
If your still servicing that area, you may want to leave that listing alone, and create another entity for your new area, of course if you find it morally acceptable to do so.

racebum

the issue i could see with this is the website. he can't use the same site for both locations.....well....he might get away with it short term but the <title> tags will be city specific on the site. you could always use a new site but that's a ton of work and it won't have the page rank or age of your established one.

gets even worse when you think about all your citations out there pointing at the old location.

if you still service that area it may be worth building another site specific to your new area and running both. of course that would mean another phone number, website and business name.

anyway you stack it moving really sucks and there's no easy solution

racebum

the heck? my reply above was cut off. i typed at least 2 paragraphs

anyway, has anyone had any success? find a phone number of someone to talk to. i've spent around 100 hours reading and posting everything i can to fix this only to get more 'we"re aware" emails from google and nothing happens

they killed my listing in seconds. i just hit the one month mark of it still not being back up

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
Thanks for the tips.

I'll keep it the same, have a ton of reviews there, and don't want to lose 'em and start all over again. @ one point had over 50 (2 year-ish) ago, and google algorithyms decided to take a crap on it.

I get most of my Google clients from that area.

FredC

Village Idiot
I've received several messages from the googleman over the last few days and the wording seems to suggest that there is a glitch in the matrix preventing corrected listings from being reinstated. Say they are working on it.

Now if they would tell me wtf I've been locked out of my gmail again I'll be happy

Connor

Name
Connor
I'll admit he got me to. I have no excuse I read about it on this board at least a week or two ago and just kept putting it off until it caught up to me.

I went and switched it right after I hung up but it didn't help. I have a support ticket with them and hope they fix it soon but the good news is for me at least this is about the best time it could possibly happen.

I just hope I get most of my reviews back. I had 17 and the next closest only has 2 or 3.

Oh and before I had the b or c spot on places and that was it. Now my website shows up in the spot right below the places I'm also hoping that may slightly blunt the impact.

PS. This dude never identified himself as being from Google. He just asked if I did business in Panama City and if customers came to my location, which I answered yes but evidently it doesn't matter what you say.

Same thing happened to me. I went from C on google places to the first second or third organic listing. They've told me that my problem has been fixed, but I am now waiting for review to be put back on.

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
Same thing happened to me. I went from C on google places to the first second or third organic listing. They've told me that my problem has been fixed, but I am now waiting for review to be put back on.
Don't plan on the reviews coming back. Google doesn't have a good track record of bringing them back. I hope you had enough forethought to keep your own copy of your reviews. So you can at least use then for other marketing. Lesson for ALL keep a copy of your online reviews.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom