Finally..........

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
after about 6 months.(this was my x-mas present from last year) of this thing sitting down there waiting for me to find the time to get it installed...........I finally got it in........My new back up camera......

8 inch swivel screen......all different type of options......it will pan more left or more right which ever I want.......

zoom in....zoom out....etc..etc...

the camera was not the stock one that came with the unit..I went with a different upgrade and I had it wired so I can turn it on and off as I want it ..not just on when it is in reverse........

with this camera I can set the truck in the middle lane and see each car on both sides and behind the truck.......I loose the cars on each side when they are half way up the side of the truck and in good view in my mirrors.......

IMG_4867.jpg

IMG_4868.jpg

IMG_4866.jpg

Bob Foster

Jim what's the model and manufacturer of that unit?

Can you give us your opinion on the pro's and cons regarding wireless units.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
the screen is a Phonics Digital 8 inch PD-198
ceiling mount monitor....Basically what this is for is DVD systems..that is set up for a back up system....2 inputs.av1 and av2 ......just push which ever you want on the screen for movie or back up.......because I have no need for a dvd unit in the truck ..I had him set it on av1 to keep it simple........

The camera came in a unmarked box and I have no idea anything about it...I can call my installer guy and get the info on Monday if you want it............

this system is completely hard wired from screen to camera........the guy that does all my installs was telling me that it is better because sometimes the wireless pick up interference from other things and are not as reliable.........

a side from that I really could not tell you if one is any better then the other.......the guy who runs the place where I got this has been in the business here in town forever and knows all the ins and outs has never steered me wrong in all the years that I have known him..........

hogjowl

Idiot™
I never SAID you said you did it yourself. I wuz just pointing out the fact that you didn't, and it was unlike you.

You been drinking tonight, buttwad?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom