Feeling like Demon

hogjowl

Idiot™
Despite running RV antifreeze through the plumbing on both Cleanco’s and putting heaters in them, I still managed to freeze the pump on mine! And we’re busy as we can be right now!

My local pump dudeis having his toe operated on Monday.

So it’s drive to Atlanta on Monday, have them tell me they don’t have the parts, order the parts and haven shipped blah blah blah

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Despite running RV antifreeze through the plumbing on both Cleanco’s and putting heaters in them, I still managed to freeze the pump on mine! And we’re busy as we can be right now!

My local pump dudeis having his toe operated on Monday.

So it’s drive to Atlanta on Monday, have them tell me they don’t have the parts, order the parts and haven shipped blah blah blah
What I use to do when I used RV antifreeze, is first drain all the water I could. Then pour it into the mix tank, while using an open hose to flush into a 5 gallon jug. Keep adding antifreeze until you see by the color that you have mostly antifreeze and little water in the system. I feel your pain. So glad to have indoor parking.

Reactions: SamIam

Jim Williams

Name
Jim Williams
I'm beginning to think RV antifreeze might suck. I pumped some into a Turbo Hybrid and a wand and left them in my old van and the valves froze on both. That sucks about your pump.

steve_64

My van runs to much in the winter to try and put anti freeze in it.
I'm lucky I have an attached garage now that stays above freezing for the most part.

I hated running heaters all winter.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
there's a gal left over from a condo winterize we did rolling around in the bed of the pick-up

it hasn't froze

you have to circulate ALL the water out and 100% RV antifreeze in the TM system
(that's several gallons on some TMs)

You're pi$$ing in the wind if you do it halfazz

..L.T.A.

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
Disconnect lower Dwyer meter hose...
Put a drain cock on lowest drain on pump....turn on air comp and blow all water out of complete system thru lower QD...

So easy

Name
Swani
After my scare with a tripped breaker this winter. I run real antifreeze. I continue to reuse it and check it each time with the antifreeze bulb check tool.

Reactions: Jim Pemberton

hydracat

I froze one valve and it actually broke the trigger. I have a simple system so its easier to blow everything out with air. I still keep a heater in though. nice and warm in the morning.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
After my scare with a tripped breaker this winter. I run real antifreeze. I continue to reuse it and check it each time with the antifreeze bulb check tool.
I tried radiator antifreeze once. Works great but a pain to flush out. It's also very toxic. On my first job in the morning, I didn't get all of it out, even the solution looked clear. The job smelled like a car had burst its radiator. Luckily it was an empty rental. I was able to go over it and deodorize. After that I switched to RV antifreeze. They make it to -40 degrees and it flushes much better.

Reactions: hogjowl

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper
More than likely it because it's a direct drive. Everything is enclosed, hard to have a fan blowing on important parts if its closed up.

If you can figure out a way to blow warmer air on the pump and hx(from about 2' away) you wont have to mess with the stupid anti freeze. Maybe get the covers/shrouds off?

With my stupid slide in it's somewhat easy til it gets to about ten, make a cave on top and behind the seats and next to door. Leave one side open and have a heater or two blow at it.

When real cold like zero, anything not getting direct warm air on it freezes in a few minutes. Sucks, but hey! Were almost done with January, come on March!

How cold did it get? It is Alabama after all.

hogjowl

Idiot™
More than likely it because it's a direct drive. Everything is enclosed, hard to have a fan blowing on important parts if its closed up.

If you can figure out a way to blow warmer air on the pump and hx(from about 2' away) you wont have to mess with the stupid anti freeze. Maybe get the covers/

With my stupid slide in it's somewhat easy til it gets to about ten, make a cave on top and behind the seats and next to door. Leave one side open and have a heater or two blow at it.

When real cold like zero, anything not getting direct warm air on it freezes in a few minutes. Sucks, but hey! Were almost done with January, come on March!

How cold did it get? It is Alabama after all.
It was in the upper teens.
I can slide my passenger seat forward and the pump is right there. I can put the heater right on it. However, I didn’t put it there the night it happened, because I’d ran anti-freeze through it. I put the heater in the back so my Chemicals wouldn’t freeze.
I think I screwed up the antifreeze somehow.

Reactions: jcooper

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom