F*ing smoke coming out of blowby tube

A

amazingcleansc

This is not normal. When I start the truck, nothing comes out of this tube. When the engine starts going at 1500 rpms, THIS is what is happening.

4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G1mR-dBQBZ44]

I'm taking it to the mechanic. Have any of you seen this before? I'm starting to get frustrated.

A

amazingcleansc

Bob Foster said:
What's the oil pressure doing?

not an oil pressure gauge on mine. This engine i got may have a worn out cylinder.

have any of you had to rebuild a cylinder before?

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
I think I have told you like 5 or 6 times now to have the exhaust system on the truck looked at....Sounds to me like you may have a clogged catalytic converter or muffler........that would explain a lot that has been happening to you since you bought that thing....the flapper on the exhaust break could be sticking or the plunger may be bad and leaking ......your going to blow another head gasket if your not careful....once the exhaust system starts to get plugged the the engine will back lash and build pressure.then all hell is going to break lose...I would be willing to bet that it is why the people you bought it from had to replace the head gasket before you even bought it.....Seems like the problem was never figured out...now you are having it on your new motor............

another thing.if you have the diverter working...disconnect the damn thing....that could be a problem also....your HX does not work anyway.....let the truck breath until you get it fixed......

A

amazingcleansc

Mikey P said:
Are you running the v/pto with the exhaust brake on again?

no. I think I am losing pressure on a cylinder. or maybe I have a vacuum leak somewhere which is causing too much air to collect around the crankcase.

Either way, the guy that installed the engine is going to take a look at it.

Mikey P

Administrator
Ok, so how many times did you pull a Merty and run the machine with the break on before this started happening on it's own?

A

amazingcleansc

Mikey P said:
Ok, so how many times did you pull a Merty and run the machine with the break on before this started happening on it's own?

3 times, smartass. I'm more than a little bit concerned right now.

Mikey P

Administrator
amazingcleansc said:
Mikey P said:

and how long did the truck run with the break on?

A

amazingcleansc

Mikey P said:
amazingcleansc said:
[quote="Mikey P":uvw2ho1x]Ok, so how many times did you pull a Merty and run the machine with the break on before this started happening on it's own?

and how long did the truck run with the break on?[/quote:uvw2ho1x]

probably a total of 45 minutes altogether, it smoked twice and was turned off both times once i saw smoke

A

amazingcleansc

Update, my diesel mechanic came and looked at it. he said that it is condensation i'm seeing. He said there isnt a leak in my head. he thinks that the thermostat location causes more coolant to run through the engine. the difference in temp in the engine block causes more condensation to build up.

The guy had really good references, and he doesn't really have a dog in the fight, since there is a warranty on the engine.

He said if it would make me feel better, to take the engine to the UD dealer and explain my concern to them and get an estimate in writing for what, if any repairs need to be done to the engine, so we have something he can get to the people he bought the engine from.

About the engine, he said the engine actually was from a company vehicle from a salvage yard he buys parts from all the time. it was a parts runner truck for them.

A

amazingcleansc

the diesel mechanic says everything is fine and he said there is no exhaust odor to it, im going to run it monday and see if it all doesnt evaporate. I'm also taking it up to the UD dealership and having them check it out just to make sure

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom