Encap saved my butt today

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
Last week I cleaned 2400 sqft of older white carpet in a very large house on a private ranch. The customer had many dogs that were doing dog things on the carpet. The customer had only cleaned the carpet himself over the years with a Bissell. The carpet was awful and full of dirt and neglect. It was filled with so much soap residue it was killing my suck. After working for an eternity on the place, I get a call from the customer about 2 hours after I left about stains wicking up. There was a trail in the living room carpet where the customer poured dish soap in attempt to clean the carpet himself. No matter what I told him before about his animals and wicking, it just went in one ear and out the other. As a courtesy I agreed to go back today and take care of the stains.

So I showed up and the entire carpet had mud tracked in from his dogs. The carpet was a mess. Yes, there were urine spots that wicked, but the amount of new contamination was stunning. Whatever, I swallowed my pride, put on my 4 gallon Ryobi backpack sprayer, and soaked the carpet down with Angry Lemon. I then diaper scrubbed with a microfiber pad attached to my Odyssey. (I couldn't use my Vibe because the new pump that I bought 3 months ago had already stopped working. Ordered a new $300 pump. I'm pissed!) The Odyssey did the job just fine. Thank God for Encap. Constantly saving the day and good for the environment. I should have just encapped to begin with.

Below is an after picture of the bathroom. I didn't take any "before" pics, but just close your eyes and imagine what Marty's Recliner must look like.

IMG_5845.jpeg

Last edited:

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
Great story on the technical side.

Nightmare on the business side.

You know you are not obligated to clean installed “potty patches” .

Try to channel Samuel L Jackson as Jules in Pulp Fiction:

“Look outside at my truck. Does it say P*ss Disposal Services? Well does it? No? Then why do you call me and expect me to clean this carpeted dog urinal?”

Mikey P

Administrator
Great story on the technical side.

Nightmare on the business side.

You know you are not obligated to clean installed “potty patches” .

Try to channel Samuel L Jackson as Jules in Pulp Fiction:

“Look outside at my truck. Does it say P*ss Disposal Services? Well does it? No? Then why do you call me and expect me to clean this carpeted dog urinal?”
Refer to the video you sent me yesterday about Redding Ca..

• Haha
Reactions: Jim Pemberton

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Eventually the carpet gets too overloaded with piss and shit over time even after multiple cleanings. And the people will call everyone else in town to solve their problem.

And always BLAME...............you

So tell them in the beginning that their home is a cesspool and they will replace down the line. Because they allow their pets to destroy their home.

Mikey P

Administrator
Eventually the carpet gets too overloaded with piss and shit over time even after multiple cleanings. And the people will call everyone else in town to solve their problem.

And always BLAME...............you

So tell them in the beginning that their home is a cesspool and they will replace down the line. Because they allow their pets to destroy their home.

Lots of truths in this

People who allow, actually the word should be "encourages", their pets to destroy their homes, are mentally challenged and cant be trusted or dealt with in normal ways.

Last edited:

Mike J

Name
Mike Joannides
I had 1 large HWE job scheduled at 9:00 am. The day before I get a text of a 5 star, 20 year plus customer listed house already, $1.6 million. I jumped on this. Did most before my scheduled job and a little after.

Then during the day, I get a text from a big money rental. Tenants trashed the carpets, new renters come in in less than 48 hrs. Im booked into 2024, cant cover with HWE. So I padded that too. INCREDIBLE results on both extra jobs.

End of day, I did $600 in HWE, and I can blll $700- over 1K for the total of the 2 emergency jobs I did padding.

I made more money padding and took care of two 5 star customers that would have been forced to call someone else if I could not respond, due to an Open House this weekend at the house selling, and tenants check in tomorr0w.

In both cases I got to tell them, "All done, the place looks sharp, thanks for calling me."

If I had not ventured into VLM, I would lost these jobs.

Rental below
Before
IMG_0100.jpeg
after
IMG_0108.jpeg

Listed House

Before
IMG_0043.jpeg

After

IMG_0099.jpeg

Crushed it with this in the middle, my HWE job that had someone else before me for years. They didnt move furniture.

IMG_0094.jpeg
IMG_0095.jpegIMG_0085.jpeg

5 1/2 hours HWE this job. Thought it was an easy day. Got the 2 urgent cleaning calls, still was an easy day. It is so nice to be able to say "sure, I can come over early or late and make your place look great"
when pinched for time, or drying time when $ is on the line. VLM gives us a whole new outlook. @MikeyP thanks for not quitting on me try this out, now im gonna run with it.

Reactions: AlienAgent

AlienAgent

Name
Joe Gingerich
It saves time on medium to large commercial

But most residential its usually slower

For me anyways

It depends on the layout of the building/home.

With VLM you cut out most of the setup/putting everything away time, but often have to two step it with a pad then a microfiber.

The labor savings of not fighting the hose/solution line during setup/finish or during the job is what really sold me on it.

It’s the difference between having some extra energy after the workday to do more at home vs crashing in the recliner for the next two or three hours trying to get rehydrated and rested.

Reactions: Mikey P

Mike J

Name
Mike Joannides
So, padding takes you less time to do than HWE?
Not really. But I can pad at 7:00 am without upsetting the neighbor with noise that early, and people were walking through as soon as 9:00am so HWE was not an option. It was nice not even have to warn them of damp carpet. They never even seen me and the house is a complete different first impression. I have been HWE that house many times, so VLM was effective for this situation.

Then to pull off the other rush job after a long day, I made it a point not to hook up the truckmount. Almost got it done but had to do the stairs with HWE. Just quicker and was an easier setup. But this job did have time to dry so it was good with HWE stairs.

I dont have enough experience to answer your question, still figuring this out.

Reactions: Mikey P

Meter Maid

The Undetective
Name
Chris
So, padding takes you less time to do than HWE?
Depends. If I run a CRB and then rinse, then VLM takes about the same amount of time.

If the carpet is pretty dirty and multiple pads are needed, then running hoses is faster.

However, VLM makes me hate life less and I’m far less tired after a day of cleaning.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom