EDDM and John Braun

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Selling Pizza for $8.00 $10.00 hardly equates to carpet cleaning with tickets of hundred's or several hundreds of dollars. Well, I suppose if you're selling budget cleaning it possibly could but doubtful your target group is the same.

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
Kinda did it to yourself here kip, $200k a year might equate to a rock star in some circles. But here you just blend in....

Reactions: TomKing

Kipp

Name
kip
Kinda did it to yourself here kip, $200k a year might equate to a rock star in some circles. But here you just blend in....

True my delivery might have been a little blunt, if it was a blend in though it shouldn't have been that big of a deal. Quite frankly, I didn't really think it was that big of a deal when I first shared it (somewhere else)...I guess there it was, here not so much. That's great...glad there's guys kicking ass. Hell from what I can tell there's tons of guys here who have done far more than I ever did in this industry, I was just a little O/O piss ant really.

Reactions: TomKing and Mikey P

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
True my delivery might have been a little blunt, if it was a blend in though it shouldn't have been that big of a deal. Quite frankly, I didn't really think it was that big of a deal when I first shared it (somewhere else)...I guess there it was, here not so much. That's great...glad there's guys kicking ass. Hell from what I can tell there's tons of guys here who have done far more than I ever did in this industry, I was just a little O/O piss ant really.

No big deal ....

Make comments on subjects you know, start threads on topics you enjoy and watch. People post all kinds of links or comments i never would think of.
We don't always have to be a "guru" to start a thread, its just a discussion....

F

FB7777

The point of EDDM is not the ease and low cost per 1000 to reach a certain market.

The point to this program needs to be evaluated by asking a few questions
1. How much has the author of any program grown the authors business in the last year, 3 years, 5 years?
If they tell you they not working on this or they are transitioning to selling the program raise the red flags.

2. How long ago where these marketing tools developed?
I live in Indy the home of Bane Clene I can get you some really sharp 1970's stuff if you like. They once where the industry leader and now can barely run 1.5 trucks. You go to the office and it is like you went back in time. The principles are the same but the mediums changes.

3. Ask the author for 4 people who have used this program or service in the last 12-18 months

Ask the following questions of each of the referrals
What was your count you mailed to? how many thousand?
What was the demographic in these areas? Average household income. Average home price.
What was the offer?
What was your return per 1000?
What was your average job?
What was your return on the cost?
3to1 covers your cost no profit and for some you could lose money
4to1 cover basic overhead
5to1 starts making me money
7to1 or better lets me do some stuff and send my kids to college

If these people do not know this stuff one of two things the implementation coaching was not that strong or the program may not work every where.

This is not a endorsement or condemnation of John. He seems to be a nice guys and tries hard to help. I am sure we would have much to talk about if I had the privilege of picking his brain.

I interviewed a industry guru not John for some private coaching about 15 months ago. Ask for 4 referrals. Called all 4 asked two questions.
1. in 10's of thousands how much did your business increase?
2. in 10's of thousands how much more did you personally make?

All 4 could not answer those questions. They said they could not track it.

ISN'T THIS THE POINT MAKE ME MORE MONEY!!!! INCREASE MY PROFIT

I kept my money and that guru is off selling new stuff as a life long expert.

Don't pay for all these programs. I had the money a few years back and I have a shelf full of crap that is 10-15 years old.

Find someone through the boards or by asking someone like Bill Yeadon of Steve T who you could connect with.

Connect with that person and set up a mentor relationship. Spend the money to fly that person out for 2 days or go see them.

Don't go posting what you learn from that person all over the boards. You will be surprised what people will tell you when they find out you can keep your mouth shut.

The SFS team did that for me. Ken, Richard, Ivan, Joe, Mike, Bill and Steve have all been sounding boards to help our company develop.

I am in the process of setting up a new relationship to help take us to the next level. Mentors not programs. Mentors are the silver bullet.

The only program I would pay for is SFS. If I can buy another TM in 2014 I will be shaking those boys down for 2 seats in Tampa 2015.

They do a few product highlights between speakers but no shake down for a $1500 binder, coaching club, online classes or some conference call series.

If I could I would be in a SFS every year. It is a great week and worth every bit of time and money you spend. I still get in my SFS binders once or twice a year.
Great ' direct response ' Tom!

Reactions: Mikey P

Mikey P

Administrator
I understand what you are saying, Satan. However, it is my belief that we often purchase without the awareness that our purchasing decisions have been guided by past ads we have long forgotten with our conscious mind.
Thus the importance of a few years of strong branding efforts so everyone in town subconsciously remembers your....font.

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
Thus the importance of a few years of strong branding efforts so everyone in town subconsciously remembers your....font.
Facebook is pretty cheap for that kind of stuff.

Now you can run a campaign almost on top of the EDDM.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom