Does this ever happen to YOU?

Rex Tyus

This lady owns an up scale hair salon. I guess it just no big deal. If I did not call I would have showed up for nothing.

But some thing tells me if some one does this to her it's another matter.

That seems like a pretty easy target for vengeance if ya ask me. I have many relatives. She would be booked for perms and highlights for 3 days straight. :twisted: :twisted:

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
Double standards seem to be a part of human nature.

Actually, she's being consistent:

Her initial demand to have you there at 8:15 (not 8, 8:30, or "Between 8 and 8:30) says she might be a bit of a control freak. Maybe not, but perhaps.

She started off making a not quite unreasonable demand, but nevertheless more than you might expect.

Then she showed that she has no respect for you as a businessperson by not having the courtesy to call you to cancel.

As you probably concluded, this is yet another customer you should be glad not to have.

Can you imagine how she'd handle a slight shadow of a stain, or any inconvenience an unforeseen circumstance might have caused her?

I'd say you got lucky on this one.

-JB-

Name
JB
Send her a bill w/a $XX.XX (minimum order) cancellation fee attached, stating no further service(s) will be performed until the balance is paid in full. Sure she probably wont, wait NO, in fact SHE DEFINITELY, won't pay it, but it's business, not personal, make it standard practice, besides you won't have to worry about her doing it to you again when she gets burned by her "good deal" cleaner, and wants you back, and if she doesn't, your not out a thing.

TimP

I think it may of been an excuse. Some people change their mind and decide they don't want to spend the money. She had plenty of time to think about it and when the time came to pay up she decided not to do it. Granted she may of had another cleaner do it but I think chances are she didn't. I have people cancel all the time when they get a day or two to think it over. Most of the time they can't afford it. And just because she has what appears to be a good business she may be up to her eyeballs in debt. Usually a husband will get word of the cost and will say the carpet isn't that dirty I'm not spending that much to clean it. I was once that way before I got into the business. But that's because I've never saw a cleaner make a difference....although the cleaner we used was a hack. It's hard to believe people loved the guy. That's why I know I'll always do good, people paid for crap around here I know they will pay a bit more for good work. Ok I think I'll stop with my rant. I guess I didn't realize how much it gripes me when people schedule then cancel.

TimP

Yes I know Rex, we should have. But we only had an area rug at the time. And I didn't know you were in business. Other family members used him more cause they had more carpet. We tried to get him to clean a sofa but he refused it. I know now cause he didn't know what to do with it. He cleaned a second sofa we had. I can say he did a lousy job for sure cause we still have it, not in our home, it's at our store. Almost every time I look at it I laugh to myself.

Rex Tyus

I can say he did a lousy job for sure cause we still have it, not in our home, it's at our store. Almost every time I look at it I laugh to myself.

If ya ever want it cleaned just give me a call. :D

TimP

You can clean it any time you want...just don't expect a check when your done. :wink: It's at the store and we are open 8:30 - 5:00 there. I haven't messed with it cause I have found I don't enjoy upholstery especially for free. It's actually a love seat and I'd require 75 bucks before I clean it.

Name
steve snail
Last year I had a job set up a couple of weeks in advance of the appointment. By chance, I was in their neighborhood the week before our apt. and saw another truck in their drive. I waited, and sure enough, the night before I got the call.

One can only guess how f'd up their life must be w/that kind of bad karma.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Steve I had no idea it was your "Client" when I was cleaning that carpet.

When she called me I did my usual questions of why did you call me etc.

She told me that she was just calling everybody in the phone book to get a good price. Now being the salesman that I am I asked her what was the lowest price she got.I then matched it and even included FREE scotchGard.

That sealed the deal.

Maybe I should have passed on the job because not only was it in a trailer park but the carpets were full of dog piss.

She had such a sweet sexy voice on the phone but when I showed up she turned out to be a 400 pound heffer.

Again I'm sorry for taking your job.
And if you'd like to know I lost money on the job.
I charged her $29.95 for a whole trailer clean.
It took me 4 hours and half a tank of gas.

I just thought I'd get my foot in the door in a high end residential area.

brocksdad

Interesting you say that just happened to me only worse Tuesday. She called the day before to ask if I had any availability for Tuesday I said I could get her in but couldn't get her an exact time. I called from my last scheduled job to tell her I could make it over in an hour. She said ok and I headed over I pull up and a local apartment cleaner is their cleaning it??? WTF

One eyed Kiwi

That happens to me too from time to time. I call it an occupational hazard. Another one I've had is when I've been booked at the same time as another cleaner. We both turn up and the lady gave us a room each to clean. Whoever gave the best result for the cheapest price got the job. I walked out the door and the other cleaner followed close behind.

hogjowl

Idiot™
Odey Baby:
Don't take yourself too seriously. After all, you're just a carpet cleaner.

And you use a homemade electric "TM", for goodness sake!

Jimmy:
That was certainly NOT your best work. It was more like something danny would make up.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom