Do you throw your employees under the bus?

icleancarpetz

Name
Rafael Samson
when you experience a difficult client/customer or plain loser, do you throw your employee under the bus just to keep a loser customer and come up with a cockamamie re-training of employees and rewrite your employee handbook all to keep a loser client/customer or plain ole non paying loser?
“Customer is always right” has been used on occasion by me to satisfy the customer but if you give my employee a difficult time and there is no justifiable reason for it AND your hanging around my building taking up space for paying customers, you can take your dumbness elsewhere I ain’t accommodating stupidity.

Again I ask, “Do you throw your employee under the bus for a client even when the client/customer or plain ole loser is dead wrong?

Reactions: Steve Lawrence

DAT

Name
Bill Cheryl
rWWcutvi_400x400.jpg

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
One customer among many isn't as important as a hard working, good hearted employee who gives you their all.

Ask yourself: Who will be easier to replace?

Even when your employee makes a mistake, take the blame, state that this was a momentary lapse from an otherwise stellar team member, and promise to help coach them for better future outcomes.

Otherwise, you look small when you agree and join in with the criticism, and incompetent for hiring a bad employee.

When you are loyal to your people and "have their back", the good ones will never forget it and be loyal to you when you need them to have your back in return one day.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Again I ask, “Do you throw your employee under the bus for a client even when the client/customer or plain ole loser is dead wrong?

if they deserve an azz kicking ( either a soft shoe or hard one, whichever is appropriate ) that's our job
Everyone screws up at times and we all get lazy at times too on a long hard hot day

that's life ...
you go back and fix what needs fixed

dirtbag creep or unreasonable custy??
hell no I won't dog one of my guys over it.

I'm a very accommodating service provider ..and have made many "difficult" custys cheerleaders .
But believe it or not, I can be a azzhole in real life too, and no one will abuse me OR my crew

.L.T.A.

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
If we have a situation, we of course feel bad and want to make it right...

My guys are the type also that would feel bad about a client not being happy and want to go back and make it right.

Some people just want to complain and be difficult (sad way to live life for some....)

Our guys (and most people) want to be good and do well for clients.....or most of us wouldn't hire that person(s) to be with our company.

We do defend our people, and will also tell any client that has a situation, we thank them for calling and we look forward to taking care of this! That usually helps as well that we want to get on a situation asap

But no....we won't treat our guys with disrespect.....

Name
Steve Lawrence
"if they deserve an azz kicking ( either a soft shoe or hard one, whichever is appropriate ) that's our job
Everyone screws up at times and we all get lazy at times too on a long hard hot day

that's life ...
you go back and fix what needs fixed

dirtbag creep or unreasonable custy??
hell no I won't dog one of my guys over it.

I'm a very accommodating service provider ..and have made many "difficult" custys cheerleaders .
But believe it or not, I can be a azzhole in real life too, and no one will abuse me OR my crew

.L.T.A."

Oh, I believe it. J/K, good post, Larry.

Reactions: Dolly Llama

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton

One of the few things that will cause me to be harsh with a customer is if they verbally abuse one of my employees, then make nice with me.

No one deserves that, and I won't tolerate it.

"Loyalty" doesn't just go "from the bottom up" in an organization. It goes both ways.

Good thread Rafael.

Andy

Name
Doesn't Matter
New Cleanfax magazine "Are you a Screamer and Shouter" Mark Violand.

steve_64

I take full responsibility for everything in my life.

Sometimes it's hard but I started young so it's easier now.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom