Do you charge for giving quotes on location?

Andy

Name
Doesn't Matter
If you do, do you deduct it from the job if you get it? What do you charge?

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Not for carpet cleaning. In fact I prefer it, we get nearly every estimate we give.

Most water damage estimates are free unless the are needed after hours or a weekend then we do charge but if we get the work that amount is discounted from the bill. Fire & Mold estimates are ball park unless a detailed line item estimate is needed and we charge for it. Also taken off the total if we get the work.

Reactions: J Scott W

Papa John

Lifetime Supportive Member
Name
John Stewart
We don't give on site estimates for residential job. Doing so would increase operating costs and thus our prices would have to increase. If they don' like they can go elsewhere.
We give free estimates of commercial jobs. We need to do an inspection in order to determine the price, which varies due to the sites unique logistics involved.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
We don't give on site estimates for residential job. Doing so would increase operating costs and thus our prices would have to increase. If they don' like they can go elsewhere.
We give free estimates of commercial jobs. We need to do an inspection in order to determine the price, which varies due to the sites unique logistics involved.
Heading this morning to do a commercial estimate. 45 minutes drive, probably 1/2 hour on site. I have driven past this building before. I am hopeful that there is at least $1500 in carpet and tiles. If you start charging for those quotes, you will probably not have many opportunities. It all gets factored into the job. Residential, we ball park over the phone.

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper
Ms Smith calls for a quote for her 5000 sqft of carpet and you guys aren't going out to meet her and give a quote? Even if she wants you to?

I can see the review now...
"Wanted to use them, but they wouldn't give us a price. Disappointed, they were so highly recommended."

Sssssssss...

Really, It's a pain in the arse giving quotes to residential clients when I should be cleaning, I get it... But never???

Come on...:oldrolleyes:

:stir:

Reactions: Lee Stockwell

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Ms Smith calls for a quote for her 5000 sqft of carpet and you guys aren't going out to meet her and give a quote? Even if she wants you to?

"Wanted to use them, but they wouldn't give us a price. Disappointed, they were so highly recommended."

Sssssssss...

Really, It's a pain in the arse giving quotes to residential clients when I should be cleaning, I get it... But never???

:stir:
If it' worthwhile, sure. Not going out to estimate your 1 bedroom apt

CJ-FL

Name
CK-FL
We never charge for quotes. However 99% of res. Jobs are estimated over the phone. If the customer insists on an on site estimate we’ll do it at no cost. All commercial jobs get an on site estimate at no charge.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Ms Smith calls for a quote for her 5000 sqft of carpet and you guys aren't going out to meet her and give a quote? Even if she wants you to?......

Come on...:oldrolleyes:.
O.K., almost never. Curious though, how many of these do you get Jerry?

Most are 2-3 bedrooms. No in home estimate. Makes no financial sense. Or as I'd like to say- "Your free estimate will be $125.00" :winky:
If its 5000 s.f. will do.

Reactions: Cleanworks

Hack Attack

Name
Dan
I have a small population base and have to cater to all budgets, so i'll give a broadrange estimate over the ph for residential carpet but wont hesitate to give free quote onsite. Its part of the service and that separates me from ph only guys and also helps me sound them out as to what standard of service they want and are prepared to pay.

Reactions: Mikey P

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper
O.K., almost never. Curious though, how many of these do you get Jerry?

The wife is pretty good at getting them(large jobs) on the phone. If they wont book over phone she makes them wait a week or so. It's normally the McMansions that demand an in person meeting.

Maybe once a month I'll have to run a large quote.

Reactions: ruff

smastio

Name
Steve Mastio

Sssssssss...

Mrs. Jones - feel free to review our quantity pricing on our website at any time. ;)

Reactions: SamIam

SamIam

Name
sam miller
I’ll book a free estimate when in the area!

I love people who call at 5 o’clock saying! I need an estimate before it’s done, and I need it cleaned tomorrow!

Where are you east Palmdale!

So I drive 25 minutes give you an estimate set it up for tomorrow possibly?

And I already gave you a phone quote!

You know it’s not going to be less!

If I have to drive there twice right?

As a matter of fact it will be more for sure!

Jim Williams

Name
Jim Williams
I give very few in home estimates. My prices are on my website so most callers already know, but for the one or two a year who do insist on an in home estimate I don't charge, but these are usually big jobs that make it worthwhile.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom