Disclose Disclose and still not enough.

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
I told her I couldn’t do any more for her. She said she was going to have her husband call me. I said that was fine but I would tell him the same thing.

I instructed my call girl if they do call again to tell them I would deliver some counteractant and let them treat their own carpet when the scent arises. Here’s the other thing. The lady just had a baby and here sense of smell and emotions are off the charts right now.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I told her I couldn’t do any more for her. She said she was going to have her husband call me. I said that was fine but I would tell him the same thing.

I instructed my call girl if they do call again to tell them I would deliver some counteractant and let them treat their own carpet when the scent arises. Here’s the other thing. The lady just had a baby and here sense of smell and emotions are off the charts right now.
Don't give them product. Carpet Cleaners themselves have trouble with instructions. You can only imagine a homeowner dumping concentrated product then calling you in the middle of the night because the deodorant is bothering them.

In Kansas that's a nuisance call. In California its the beginning of a lawsuit.:dejection:

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
I don’t need to work on my disclosure skills. I was crystal clear. You need to work on your spelling my name skills :) I can’t teach retards.
I just think that Norman 74 fits you much better.
Communicating skills are worth nada if they don't sign it Damon. Because no matter what you (or any of us) says, what they hear is that it's going to be perfect. Clients always hear what they want to hear.

Write it in clear, non ambiguous (blunt if you will) language and have them sign it. Or keep venting and going back..

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
I didn’t say this before, but I was so clear she went into the kitchen and started sobbing. But yes, writing is always the best. Honestly, if I need to take the time to whip out a carbon sheet of paper and write a bunch of common sense down, I’m going to charge more. If punctuation and grammar count, it will cost even more.

Last edited:
Reactions: Desk Jockey

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
I did say this before, but I was so clear she went into the kitchen and started sobbing. But yes, writing is always the best. Honestly, if I need to take the time to whip out a carbon sheet of paper and write a bunch of common sense down, I’m going to charge more. If punctuation and grammar count, it will cost even more.
When they start sobbing, it's time to tell them you forgot something on the van. Go out, get in the van and get the hell out of there.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
I did say this before, but I was so clear she went into the kitchen and started sobbing. But yes, writing is always the best. Honestly, if I need to take the time to whip out a carbon sheet of paper and write a bunch of common sense down, I’m going to charge more. If punctuation and grammar count, it will cost even more.
Well, in that case, you should invest in long grammatically correct sentences. It will do wonders for your profit margins :winky:

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Damon it is not that complicated and worth it in my opinion.
I jot down something like: "This cleaning will not correct pet urine related issues like, yellowing, dye loss, smell, pad saturation, wicking etc. If we have to come back we will charge for it."

And than I add- "Please do not expect a miracle!!!" Somehow that always breaks through.

With all these extra comas and all, how much extra $$ will that bring in?

SamIam

Name
sam miller
Has nothing to do with new carpet. Spraying deo won’t do fook all.... those dogs are going to keep pissing all day, everyday.... DAMON WILL BE BLAMED EVEYTIME IT HAPPENS.... IVE BEEN IN EXACTLY THIS SITUATION..... people are fooked , last ‘profFesional ‘ that touched it, takes all the blame... that’s the mentality of people like this.... it’s no win.... but, take Jimmys advice, and just go ‘mask it’....

It’s actually reaffirming your first conversation maybe even lifting the carpet and say smile your on candid camera.

70DA3B38-6916-476A-B2AE-6541C77F736F.jpeg

You see this run!

SamIam

Name
sam miller
Bottom line this isn’t that hard when a black light works!

But it doesn’t always work.

Then you have to rely on the customers best estimation of effected area!

How willing are you to get down and smell the carpet!

If it’s a room with no furniture I’ll yank it in a heart beat that way I absolutely know!

Ps I have a kicker and can put it back better than it was!

But like I always say with horrible urine jobs “your first loss is your best loss!”

In other words bandaids may work and solve the problem, but a total replacement is the only way to 100% promise the odor gone!

I think the hardest part is guys who do these pet type jobs and have had great success, we never absolutely promise the world!

We under promise and fully disclose limitations of the service, or bandaid!

I do hate jobs where there’s alot of urine and the light doesn’t work usually poly’s

Those are the hardest to win at!

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
I didn’t say this before, but I was so clear she went into the kitchen and started sobbing.

"Sobbing"? ... I thought the worst part of this was her her husband was "Growling" about your price?

Damon that's reason alone to avoid interactions like this. No one who is trying to manipulate you emotionally has your interests at heart.

I pity their landlord.

Bob Savage

Name
Bob Savage
I remember the first job I walked away from involving cat urine. The couple called us to clean 4 rooms that had some urine in them.

I disengaged the carpet in a few places, saw a river of urine stains, replaced the carpet, and informed them their only resolve was to rip the carpet and pad out, seal the floor, replace the tackless, etc.

They said just do the best you can do, please. I told them I was by giving them the only solution that would correct their mess, and I walked away.

Don't let their neglect and bad decisions become your problem!

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
"Sobbing"? ... I thought the worst part of this was her her husband was "Growling" about your price?

Damon that's reason alone to avoid interactions like this. No one who is trying to manipulate you emotionally has your interests at heart.

I pity their landlord.
Jim it gets better. I left out a few descriptive details. The hubby looked exactly like what most of us think Jesus looks like. Long straight hair and sandals. She was a flowery type in a sundress.

@Derrick T. , yes brother, I’m sure there will be more stories coming out of me in the future. I seem to attract the fun. My buddy Ivan likes to point that out. But I think it’s because I put myself out there. When you put yourself in motion, things start to orbit around you. It’s a sign of moving forward, at least that’s how I look at it.

If you do 100 jobs, 5 are bound to be nutty. I’m just glad I have a place like this to share with you other society rejects.

Reactions: DAT and Bob Pruitt

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
@ruff hope you have a good day in SF. I honestly don’t know how you guys down there put up with that mess. I used to clean air ducts there and it sucked balls.

SamIam

Name
sam miller
Jim it gets better. I left out a few descriptive details. The hubby looked exactly like what most of us think Jesus looks like. Long straight hair and sandals. She was a flowery type in a sundress.

@Derrick T. , yes brother, I’m sure there will be more stories coming out of me in the future. I seem to attract the fun. My buddy Ivan likes to point that out. But I think it’s because I put myself out there. When you put yourself in motion, things start to orbit around you. It’s a sign of moving forward, at least that’s how I look at it.

If you do 100 jobs, 5 are bound to be nutty. I’m just glad I have a place like this to share with you other society rejects.

Oh shoot you can’t make Jesus get on his hands and knees and smell that!

Reactions: Lee Stockwell

SamIam

Name
sam miller
050A6F4A-191A-478E-9F0F-E35517943925.png

On a side note who else got this super offer to sell juice by wrapping your door with a moving billboard!

$$1200 a month we could stop doing piss jobs!

Reactions: Nomad74

Ron K

Refund them ALL their money and then walk away. Say thank you too.
This this the only way YOU will learn.
Take a picture of the house use it as your phone screen shot.
I'd give it a month.... you should be all better by then.
And will start sleeping better.

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
I ain’t giving $.01 red cent back. I told them very clearly. They wanted a reduced service for a giant problem and agreed to the terms. THEY need to learn from their decisions. But it’s a nice thought.

We’ve beat this to death enough. I told her when she called again how it was, and that’s how it is.

Reactions: Jimmy L

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
We as cleaners get walked over all the time. I often cut people breaks and do extras. Sometimes you just got to stand your ground when you are right. These baby millennials need to take responsibility for their animals and actions. I can‘t hold their hand and baby their hurt feelings. Refunding is not an option especially when everything was laid out before work started and again after work was completed. That was the purpose of this thread, My frustration with people playing the game.

Honestly, they know. I don’t think I’ll hear from them again. If I do, I’ll go over again and deo the place as a courtesy, but I don’t think they will call again.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom