Cost of ownership compairison.

Onfire_02_01

Name
Jeremy Gray
I am interested to know if anyone knows the cost of ownership between an aerotech box and a cds style van? Thinking about what would be more efficient to operate 2 vans or 1 aerotech when doing large commercial but then also having residential work that the aerotech might be overkill for but the two vans could be doing two jobs or 1 if you are mark Saiger.

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
How is a machine overkill??

There are many companies running multiple big at/v for residential and haven’t seen one rip out the carpet just the dirt and grime?

Bob Pruitt

Name
Robert Pruitt
I am interested to know if anyone knows the cost of ownership between an aerotech box and a cds style van? Thinking about what would be more efficient to operate 2 vans or 1 aerotech when doing large commercial but then also having residential work that the aerotech might be overkill for but the two vans could be doing two jobs or 1 if you are mark Saiger.
This is just my opinion so take it for that...
We used my Butler as a dual wand machine doing mainly upholstery at last MF.
If it was an occasional Commercial job and set up right...like Mark's 2 and a half from the van. 500 CFM at the blower is not bad if using 2 inch hoses into the job.
Thinking that 2 conway wands would work OK if both Operators knew to keep the wand to the floor as much as possible. One Zipper and one Tom wand might be a good combination as well. Butler would also be plenty of heat.
Or get the Aerotech if I have this backwards and you do mainly commercial and are going to do a lot of dual wanding.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
How is a machine overkill??

There are many companies running multiple big at/v for residential and haven’t seen one rip out the carpet just the dirt and grime?
Billions...literally BILLIONS of flies eat shit everyday. Doesn't mean I would.

Wait just a minute there pardner...you're a fly aren't yah? :winky:

Reactions: Jimmy L

Onfire_02_01

Name
Jeremy Gray
1299 a month AT lease makes sence if you are ok with always javung a payment

and a fresh truck to go with it
Mikey, what do you use your AT for? Do you feel that bringing one big truck to a job site, residential or commercial, is worth it? Or would two vans attacking from two sides be better? Or buy a box truck and put in an el diablo/870/titan or maybe two?

Hack Attack

Name
Dan
Im an owner operator with 2 part timers, so take my opinion as just that.

But wouldnt your "everyday average job" dictate your "everyday average setup"?

Big setup for big crew on big jobs with big production necessary is how I'd see it.

What is the true benefit of a big truck on average residential?

Acp

Name
Bjorn Marshall
thats it? 1299/month? wow I should just trim some advertising and get an aero tech lol

although we do mostly residential and the customer doesnt know the difference between our TNT box truck and an Aero tech

Bob Pruitt

Name
Robert Pruitt
And a loaded butler truck is a cool 90000 ain’t it?
76K Fully Saigerized... 1,1oo. a month lease. 30k residual...to purchase. This is the 4.8 Blower and extra heat exchanger 240 degrees at the van...or whatever...it's hot. Fully Insulated and stainless steel everything. Basically everything Butler has added including 210 gallon stainless steel waste tank. Not 90k.
The basic model is much cheaper.

Reactions: CJ-FL

Mikey P

Administrator
76K Fully Saigerized... 1,1oo. a month lease. 30k residual...to purchase. This is the 4.8 Blower and extra heat exchanger 240 degrees at the van...or whatever...it's hot. Fully Insulated and stainless steel everything. Basically everything Butler has added including 210 gallon stainless steel waste tank. Not 90k.
The basic model is much cheaper.

Are you going to sell it at the end?

Bob Pruitt

Name
Robert Pruitt
It’s a lease so I don’t think anything. Turn it in to lease company... Butler probably sells it. Next payment from me is on the new one. Slap the logo on and go to work.

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
My Minnesota experience....

2 can be better than 1...

Easier to drive around

Set up one in one side of the building... Other the other side.

Keeping a larger box from freezing in Minnesota... Difficult.

Wanting to send out the other van to make money when only have about 5 of those large jobs a year... Now you have 2 vans making money...

Storage... Do you have a large enough heated storage for large truck?

Do you like being stopped with a large truck in MN for DOT nazi checks as they do...

My personal thoughts for you unless something major has changed.... Add a second rig

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom