Cimexing?

steamron

Name
Ron
I've used 8" pads and tuway pads,
has anyone tried the 8" microfiber pads.
I guess they are more absorbent, but is there a noticeable difference?

Thanks

AlienAgent

Name
Joe Gingerich
The VCT style pads seem to work best under the Cimex. I tried the 8” microfibers years ago, can’t remember how well they worked but it wasn’t as well as the VCT style ones.

If you want to “extract” with a microfiber, get a Phoenix.

Kenny Hayes

Name
Kenny Hayes
And it’s difficult to keep the pads on the drivers even if they’re in new condition. Not worth the effort, especially if you have some type of orbital.

Reactions: AlienAgent

encapman

Name
Rick Gelinas
As you are already aware, the Cimex is an incredible encap scrubber on commercial carpets when paired with FiberPlus pads. However, when it comes to straight up bonnet cleaning, the Cimex is not as effective, due to its small bonnets.

However, there is a specific situation where 8" bonnets can work wonders on the Cimex. Imagine you've just completed a normal encap cleaning with the Cimex, but there's a section of the carpet that stubbornly resists your best efforts.

This is where using bonnets on the Cimex can come in handy as a follow-up solution to achieve great results. By attaching 8" bonnets to the Cimex and running back over the problematic area again can restore the appearance. You'll just need to make a few additional dry passes using damp bonnets. This final step will ensure that even problem sections will clean up nicely.

Mikey P

Administrator
I tried it and found it to be frivolous. Seriously, there’s no point.
I agree.

The best way to actually remove soil when "Cimexoing" is the but the soil loose wiht Rick's dark grey pads, than chase the Mex in the heavy soil areas wiht a absorbant bonnet/pad with a 175.

That final pass will remeove a LOT of soil and leave a nice brightening effect.

Reactions: KevinL

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom