Chem residue on wood floor

Mikey P

Administrator
I looked at a nice Travertine job yesterday that She hadn't gotten to yesterday, lol

that also has lot of a sort of rustic dark wood floor that has a film all over it. Looks like what overuse of vinegar does, yet they claim they only use Bona and a flat mop.

But just one or two mop heads for the 1000 plus feet. Most likely just one..

I only tested by hand with more Bona and a microfiber towel and after three attempts, the haze appeared to be gone.

Am I wrong in thinking that a misting of distilled water, a 175 and blue microfiber bonnets will do the trick?

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
Sometimes less is more. Also flat microfiber mops are greatly under rated. Glad you turned me onto them.

Reactions: Mikey P

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Distilled water I think would work. This lady isn't all she's cracked up to be. Maybe she should make some videos on youtube like all of those idiot carpet cleaners.

Reactions: Nomad74

steve_64

She needs to use a 32 oz mop head and a center pull mop ringer. Hot water and an ounce of viper powder.
And a green pad attached to the mop.
A flat mop doesn't scrub.

Tom Forsythe

We made some Wood floor cleaner (neutral) available to consumers several years ago. It worked well for almost all in the testing. We did have one customer who cleaned the floor everyday rather than weekly. This resulted in build up that responded to the water, microfiber approach which removed the residues. You may want to advise this customer to include distilled water and mop approach with the cleaner to control build up. I would not suggest using a high alkaline cleaner on a wood floor as it can damage the finish except in a very controlled way as outlined in the cleaning system use by ourselves and Basic Coatings.

steve_64

I use the viper very diluted. Actually probably a quarter ounce to 3 gallons of water. Too much and it leaves a film.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Spartan WOODFORCE strategic cleaner fragrance free, multi-faceted formula cleans without residue buildup. NO harsh detergents.

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
Distilled water alone or with a diluted neutral cleaner and the microfiber bonnet. You had the right plan, Mike.

Reactions: Mikey P

SCC

Name
Steve Baker
I saw this video a
2018-01-20 (1).png
while back...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom