Carpet Cleaning Business ?? Real worth?? Anyone know?

G

Mike, or anyone with any knowledge about the sale of an established cleaning company (32 years ) great customers, almost all repeat, small, one truck business, low overhead, what is it really worth? we almost work part time & still gross 115 to 120 a year! any help will be greatly appreciated!! :!:

Johnnyone

Once the customers find out that the business has change

They may try you and see if you do good work

They may choose not to use you

They may stay with you just get the job done

Several factors come into play just make sure you are

seeing the good and bad and what if...

minuteman

I have seen two companies sold over the last ten years in the cleaning business here in L.A., one a window cleaning business grossed over $200,000.00, sold for half the gross, the other a cc company sold for 60% of gross.
I would ask my accountant for imput.
Hope this helps,

Greg

I would look at their pricing structure and compare it to yours. If it's comparable and you do good work, then the clients might stay with you or atleast give you a chance. The in this day and time, worth is in the eyes of the buyer, What is it worth to you?

steve r

what if seller would ride along for a season to introduce buyer and help make the transition?

danpauselius

IMHO, A one truck operation where the owner is the primary tech is only worth what the equipment is worth. The relationships he's built over the years with his customers are the reason he has an income. You CANNOT purchase relationships or trust.

But that's just me.

G

Hate to burst your bubble but an o/o is only worth as much as the equipment. Franchise and multiple trucks worth little more. Actually SS franchises sell for about .60 on the dollar gross.

Greenie

I wouldn't even think of selling an O/O biz and expecting much more than .20 on the dollar. If you think you are gonna sell in the next couple of years, join a franchise system like PCS, put the systems into place, start changing the way customer's look at your company and not look at you as your company.

Steve Toburen

Supportive Member
Durango, Colorado/Santiago, Dominican Republic
Name
Steve Toburen
Wants out "yesterday"? Find a local competitor that a) has money, b) wants his customers and c) has a kind spot in his heart. Hopefully this local Santa Claus can be prevailed upon to fork over fair market value for the used equipment/ vehicles and a fair commission (15- 20%) over the course of the next year for the customers that call in.

Sure, it isn't much. BUT is is better than a sharp stick in the eye.

Steve Toburen CR
Director of Training
Jon-Don's strategies for Success

PS What is any business worth? What an informed buyer will offer for it at any given time! (this is not a cop-out to your question- just the truth!) If you want a serious business evaluation formula for a carpet cleaning business e-mail me at stoburen@homefrontsuccess.com for my 70 page "Cashing Out" Special Report. Include your mailing addy if you don't already have my free DVD.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom