Butler System vibration

Name
Andrew
Hello everyone,

I own a 2008 Butler system that recently had a new engine and transmission installed right before I got it. The machine has a little more vibration than I'm comfortable with. The pressure gauge shakes and now it's actually got a small leak (which I believe was caused by the vibration. I called Butler and they helped me adjust the pulleys slightly to line up the blower and pump belts good and it didn't solve it. When I look at the driveshaft it kind of shakes when the system is running. I was hoping for some ideas on how to resolve this issue.

Thank you,
Andrew

Name
Matt Middleton
We had a similar problem.

The mechanic had to "dial in" the pulley attached to the crankshaft.

Butler sent the tools to do correctly.
Once dialed in no more vibration.

Name
Matt Middleton
I would be the pulley in the engine compartment. It is attached to the main crankshaft. It is the lowest pulley that the 2 (a 52s, I think) belts go around. You will really need to have a skilled mechanic do this.

Simply call Butler and they will troubleshoot the problem accurately.

Hope this helps!

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
I would be the pulley in the engine compartment. It is attached to the main crankshaft. It is the lowest pulley that the 2 (a 52s, I think) belts go around. You will really need to have a skilled mechanic do this.

Hope this helps!
Where the hell do you find a skilled mechanic these days?

Name
Andrew

Hope this helps!

Would a worn out serpentine belt have anything to do with it? It's squeaky and needs replacement

Name
Matt Middleton
Well... Anything is possible.

It sounds like you need to properly center the pulley on the crankshaft. Its not rocket science. Just needs to be spot on to avoid vibration. I had a new engine installed in an 2003 Savana van running a Butler. This created the same symptoms you describe. Easy fix for a good, experienced mechanic.

Call Butler Monday morning.

They will steer you in the right direction.

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
Hello everyone,

I own a 2008 Butler system that recently had a new engine and transmission installed right before I got it. The machine has a little more vibration than I'm comfortable with. The pressure gauge shakes and now it's actually got a small leak (which I believe was caused by the vibration. I called Butler and they helped me adjust the pulleys slightly to line up the blower and pump belts good and it didn't solve it. When I look at the driveshaft it kind of shakes when the system is running. I was hoping for some ideas on how to resolve this issue.

Thank you,
Andrew

Did the machine have vibration before the new motor?

Did you get the unit after the motor install and it already had the vibration? Or has this vibration just started to occur?

Is it your drive shaft for the Butler?

Is it a vibration to the water system of the Butler you are asking about?

Name
Andrew

It's had it since I got it and it had the engine installed after it went out literally on the way back home. The guy I purchased it from paid for the new engine. I drove almost 2000 miles to get it from Washington (I live in Wisconsin) I've been using it for about 6 months and the machine works really well great heat and suction and the chemical injection works great too. Just a little vibration :headscratch::errf:

Name
Lee Stockwell
My dad was a tool and die maker. One of his tools was a run-out dial micrometer. He would carefully rotate a pulley or such to detect and cure such sources of mystery vibrations.

Due to "stacking tolerances" otherwise acceptable parts in combination can be ever so slightly out of spec.

Measure it carefully.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom