Business phone number question...

-JB-

Name
JB
SOLD!

My House that is, which is pretty close to a miracle in this area!

I MAY move about 40+ miles further east near the city where my newer client base lives, BUT if I re-locate, what are my options for keeping the same phone number I've had for 15+ yrs??

It's a Verizon business line.

NO, I don't do any YP advertising, other than the free one liner the give w/the line, in my hometown of about 7600 people.

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
The FFC's Local Number Portability laws have made it possible that you could do one of 2 things John.

1. Move the landline (wire-line)number to a new location, provided you are not outside of the geographical area allowing this (you will have to check with Verizon)

2. Another option may be to go from wire-line to wire-less (cellular) and eliminate a hardline completely. I have been home phone free for over 6 years now and love it. Not sure home much activity you have on you bus line but I imagine you actually are using the cell most of the time if you are answering your own calls. Even if not you can have that cell phone with whoever answers the phone and keep another cell on you.

Here is some info one the issue:

http://www.fcc.gov/cgb/consumerfacts/numbport.html

Scott Rogers

The simplest and cheapest way to keep that number as well as add additional numbers is to get a VOIP. I use vonage works well.

keithk

Yep it is just like call forwarding. I have my old phone # from when I moved forwarded to my new place. Plus I have a local phone # from a town about 20 miles away that rings into my phone. You get separate bills for each. I think they actually call it remote call forwarding

Rex Tyus

I think they actually call it remote call forwarding

That is what they call it. I have several numbers my self. They all ring in on the same line. As said I get bill from each respective telephone company. It is actually pretty cheap.

Jimbo

Ask your landline co about "remote call forwarding," that's what I use...congrats on the sale!-Jim

Kevin B

Name
Kevin Bunce
Jimbo said:
Ask your landline co about "remote call forwarding," that's what I use...congrats on the sale!-Jim

Don't use RCF. It will cost almost as much as voip if not more, and have zero versatility. Our VoIP, can email you your voicemail and do everything you ever wanted. Forward your number to multiple phones anywhere in the US and Canada. VoIP will take over, a shift of 300+ Billion, its exciting.

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
If the other options don't work for your area you can always send magnets with your new information out to your current customer base.

The follow with your monthly promotional mailing and then send the magnets out in around 3 months help to insure their placement.

Heck, you can even do this if you keep the same number to promote interest in your company.

(The pizza companies do this all the time.)

Make it easy for your customers to call you and they will call you more often!

John Buxton

When I moved I kept the old number and had the phone company forward to my new number. I let it go after a couple years but I should have kept it. Lost alot of business even though I did a mailing with new magnets, most people are too dumb to throw away the old magnet and phone number.

Keep the old number till you get zero calls on it. You know that you can also request a certain phone number. Mine is 89-CLEAN.

Becker

Name
Becker
My remote call forwarding line costs me like $15.00 per month, gets me a free listing in all the phone books yellow and white pages.

The line is not installed anywhere, and I forward it to any number I like, installed land line, a cell phone, and answering service.

At one time I had 3 of these numbers, I wanted to appear to be local to different parts of the area.

Cheap and simple.

-JB-

Name
JB
SWEET!

You guys rule! That's was worth the $5 rit thar!

WAIT I got a vactoo :x

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom