business fragrance

Onfire_02_01

Name
Jeremy Gray
I am contemplating having a company smell. Meaning that when we are done cleaning your house will smell like oarnges/leamons/fresh ect. Is anyone else doing this and if so how are you best delivering that smell; in your rinse water, vaportec disk cliped to a fan, spray bottle misting after done with room, ect?

WillS

Supportive Member
Name
Will
Since we use HOST, it always smells like oranges and fresh clean house scent at the end of the cleaning. :biggrin:

If the customer has pets, more dog hair then urine, I usually like to use some Hydrocide - Laundry smell. Sooooooooo good. Small pump sprayer is used to spray it in the room on mist.

We also have a ton of the vapor disks. Actually we just used about 40 of them during December for Christmas. The Pine Forest ones make the house smell like a Christmas Tree. People liked them for when they had a fake tree, they stuck them right under it. lol

Those are pretty strong to when you put a piece in the customers out going vent. When they turn on the air/heat it blows out and deodorizes well.

Last edited:

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
A number of retail businesses have used scents to attract custoemrs. There are obvious ones like a bakery or coffee shop or popcorn sales. But clothing stores and electronic stores have also used light fragrances to increase sales. Most consumers don't even realize that the fragrance changes their spending habits or causes them to return to the store more frequently.

There are clients hwo object to odr, so a delivery system that is easy to turn off should be used.

Keep it light, barely noticable.

Ron K

Clean smell that dissipates quickly is OK but leaving an odor is a fail in my opinion. You're paid to remove odor not introduce it.

Reactions: Newman

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Where is Ofer?

.No, he doesn't smell (well...) but dude is one picky summbitch when it comes to leaving fragrances in a client's home.

Here I am, Grass hopper.
Let me know if I can be of help. Till then,

2744e5b33a253890dd72a21409de03c0.jpg

steve_64

Regardless if I leave a fragrance or not they are more often pleased with the work. if they dont care for the fragrance of the particular product used They understand it is temporary and was necessary to clean up the mess they made.
I would stick with something like we leave your home clean and fresh. Otherwise you commit to a product and the manufacturer may change it or stop making it altogether.

They get what they get imo. Sometimes its a citrus salad.

Reactions: Ron K

WillS

Supportive Member
Name
Will
Your right some customers do ask for no chemical smell or scent at the end of the cleaning. Better for you, saves money on having to spray anything. I do think a good deodorizer that lasts does make an impact though. We have had customers say, I loved that scent from the last cleaning. They actually really like the smell of the host product, it usually leaves the house smelling clean for a couple of weeks. I'm so used to most of the enzyme/deodorizer/vapordisk etc. smells now I can't really smell it strongly when we are applying. Hence why we only do less than 8oz. each time for deodorizing. What could smell good to me may be to strong for the customer.

I'm telling you, the laundry scent is money. Very fresh smelling.

Onfire_02_01

Name
Jeremy Gray
All of my customers love the Linen fresh scent. It is my favorite as well.
Kellie, How do you deliver this linen smell for your customers? In your rinse water or in a spray bottle you squirt or two at the enterance to the room?

HydroDude

Name
JB
What is more important, leaving a fresh odor or smelling fresh as first impression, a lot of you who smoke, eat quarter pounder with extra onions or refuse to wash out your waste tank....you guys smell funky ,people don't like funk!!!

Kellie Hiler

Name
Kellie Hiler
Kellie, How do you deliver this linen smell for your customers? In your rinse water or in a spray bottle you squirt or two at the enterance to the room?
I like to put it in the head pack, that way it's in there as soon as I start cleaning.

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
Genie Care makes a product called GoodStuff.......real pricey chit........BUT

when you use it you remember why you bought it!

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Do you have a thought you would like to share?
Not really, just responding to my friend and provocateur, the troublesome Grasshopper (aka: what the hell is the matter with Kansas-Richard C.)

However, since you asked:

There are a lot of people who get allergic reaction from fragrances.

Just as we try to reduce the quantity of the chemical residue left in the carpet and its toxicity (chemical foot print if you will), so should we do about fragrances.

Our senses, smell being just one, are constantly being bombarded in an effort to trigger a certain response. Manipulated would be a better word. Next time you go to the shopping mall do yourself a favor and stop for a moment. Try to identify how many of your senses are being over exposed at the same time.

What kind of response are they trying to trigger?
Do you want to expose your clients to such?
Do your clients want to be exposed to it?
Is it respectful of them and their home? Remember its their home not the mall. They know what they are going to get at the mall and they can always choose to leave or never to go there.

Now, I understand that we provide a service. Therefore if our clients want a fragrance left in their home, by all means do it.
But be respectful, don’t shove it down their nose.

I think Greed is the most used fragrance in the mall, though last, fear and imaginary status are a close second.
Personally "I love the smell of Nepalm in the morning. It smells like......victory."

Last edited:
Reactions: Kellie Hiler

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
One of the reasons I use procyon is because it doesn't have an odor. Any of my customers that have chemical sensitivities usually tell me over the phone. The majority of my jobs, I add a light mint fragrance in my prespray which adds a pleasant odor as i'm cleaning but dissipates quickly as I rinse the carpet. When I am done, the carpets look clean and smell clean and I get lot's of compliments on the fragrance. In people's mind, it's not clean unless it smells clean. Lemon scent has been associated with people spending money.

Onfire_02_01

Name
Jeremy Gray
When I worked for my previous employer, I had one property manager who would call back to have the apartment re-cleaned, it was still dirty because she could not smell oranges after the cleaning. Obviously a smell left behind does impact the customers perception to some degree, just wondering how much of a positive impact that would create. Does it leave a warm fuzzy or a hummm interesting feeling?

Beeks

Name
J.R.
Wouldn't suggest using something that is overwhelming. We tell customers it has a light scent that accommodates to individuals with allergines and asthmas. The last thing you want is people not using you only cause of a good smell you leave behind. Clean carpet and good customer service is good enough.

Kellie Hiler

Name
Kellie Hiler
So I should stop farting into the vac hose and just let her rip?! Thank God! I always worry about the customer walking by just as I'm doing that!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom