Business Card Design Thoughts?

Discussion in 'Lets talk Business!' started by Austin Willoughby, Feb 22, 2018.

1. Hack Attack
    Hack Attack

Name:
    Dan
    Im no marketing guru but in another corporate life I spent time with some. They would put a new brand to market and it would live or die in 3 weeks tops the quality of product was irrelevant. Thats not an option most here have.
    So get some pro advice on a logo but have a clear brief of what you want and dont want, but also be prepared to drop some of your wants if they can give CLEAR reasons why. Pick 2 or 3 colours max, it doesnt have to be clever or cutting edge it needs to be bold, punchy and recognisable at 100 km/hr on the open road so your customers recognise you when they're not even looking. I chose my colours by walking into the cleaning aisle at the supermarket, predominant colours are blue, green,orange those companys spent mega $$$$ to find that formula. Not my favs but I'm not arguing. Drop the silhouettes of the pets, at 1st glance if that was sitting on my table I'd think a kennel or cattery.
    That said if you have an idea which doesnt fit the mold that doesnt mean it cant work. I'm not american but the stanley steemer logo to me looks like a country and western bar and the colour looks like a school bus, but even when visiting the states I recognise them so it works.
    Just some random thoughts have fun :biggrin:
  2. hydracat
    hydracat

I would show a steam cleaning wand and not a vacuum cleaner. I've used brown in the past but i think i see more blue and white in our industry.
  3. steve_64
    steve_64

Keep it simple

It's not an ad just a contact info for them.
    Matt Wood likes this.
  4. Rug_Girl
    Rug_Girl

Name:
    Alyssa Tillett
    Like most have said already, get a logo. Logo's help the customer identify your brand.

Keep your business card simple. I would avoid pictures of any kind. Stick with maybe two or three colors. Color is actually important too. Each color triggers an emotional response in a person. (I went to art school for a bit and studied this)

A business card is for contact info. If you want to put more of what you do and services provide, invest in a brochure or post card.

I didn't see a website on there. Do you have one? That helps people go and see what services you provide. Not everyone has Facebook.

Just some thoughts. :)
    Cleanworks likes this.
  5. Connor
    Connor

Name:
    Connor
    Make your phone number large, easy to find and read. Old eyes and people who need glasses will appreciate that.
    bob vawter likes this.
  6. bob vawter
    bob vawter

Name:
    bob vawter
    Way too busy in a boring sorta way...

Are you selling cats OR dogs?
    Connor likes this.
  7. Connor
    Connor

Name:
    Connor
    Cats AND dogs, bawb.
  8. Old Coastie
    Old Coastie

Supportive Member

Name:
    Stephen
    Don’t feel bad, Austin. I spent what felt like years designing a charming logo, but only drew a warm torrent of hilarious abuse...

I hope they crapped themselves.
    Not bitter or anything, but “crapped themselves” sounds like fair play.
    Matt Wood likes this.
  9. Cleanworks
    Cleanworks

Name:
    Ron Marriott
    Small town Saskatchewan, there is a company called Crap Shooters. No, they're not gamblers, they come and clean the horse manure from your corrals and stables. Could use them on MB sometimes but then again, we've got Fred.
    Old Coastie likes this.