Best New Tool you bought in 2015

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Engineering rule-of-thumb says it takes at least 5000 feet-per-minute of velocity to adequately convey material through the hose. For 2.5" hose that's 170 cfm (as a comparison, 2" hose requires only 110 cfm to achieve 5000 fpm). Both machines open flow is nearly double that figure, and both machines spec at 13" hg vacuum.

That is exactly why TM's should have higher lift levels (16-17").

We got 200 CFM with the 2" Bentley @ 16" with an accurate CFM meter at this test:

http://www.cobbcarpet.com/zen/index.php?main_page=document_general_info&cPath=63&products_id=5319

Last edited:

dgardner

Name
Dan Gardner
Agreed that the higher lift could produce better performance, and better velocity through the hose - but only if you engineer everything as a system. If you keep using the same wand, the higher lift could just cause lockdown on the carpet, perhaps even lowering the cfm. Everything must be considered together to achieve the best results. IMO.

Reactions: TConway

Mikey P

Administrator
Thanks to everyone who bought a Zipper and is liking it.:biggrin: I hope it gives you years of service.
The only tool I bought in 2015 is a 10" Brush Pro, and I love it. Thanks Rick & MB.

I used mine today on a job I wouldn't vacuum due to urine.

What a joy to use..

I'll see about having some at Nashville to sell.

Reactions: Mark Saiger

Askal

RIP
Name
Al
A 2005 isuzu 12k miles for 16k. A 2500 hrs tm with Ford water cooled engine 5.9 blower 350k btu heater for 6k. An awesome backup/ 4th unit. Winner winner chicken dinner.

Reactions: Mikey P

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
My first instinct was to say my MyteeDry Upholstery Tool, but in late December, I got a 2006 Suzuki APV van for two slabs of VB

VB_zpsfxhif3pw.jpg

Has about 102,000 miles on the clock.

This will be for a new project biz; where minimal equipment is required.

:yoda:

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott

We got 200 CFM with the 2" Bentley @ 16" with an accurate CFM meter at this test:

http://www.cobbcarpet.com/zen/index.php?main_page=document_general_info&cPath=63&products_id=5319
Hello Larry, I find your results confusing. Why don't you repeat the test using only 1 wand. Run your tm at the same rpm at 16in then at 13 in and see what the difference in airflow is. As far as I know, the airflow should be the same. For example a 4ml sutorbilt develops 284cfm at a specified rpm. regardless of what the relief valve is set at. It shouldn't matter what the lift is, the airflow should be the same because that is what the blower is providing at the set rpm. Dual wanding will be different because you may using more airflow than the blower can supply. if that makes any sense

Charles Anhalt

Supportive Member
Name
Charles Ronald Anhalt
I am considering purchasing a CRB mostly for pre-spray agitation (residential). Am undecided between 10" and 15". Would a 15" CRB be practical for residential? Other pros and cons for each? Thanks!

Roby Harris

Name
Roby Harris
Pro 1200 Sapphire SE
Hoss 700 BEST EVER!!!
20151211_164453.jpg

Reactions: Mikey P

Lint Basket

Name
Scott Mckay
Mike, I bought an older hoss 700 that has the old grey hose, I'm switching it to the clear hose. Can you show a pic. where you put the plastic?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom