Backside of postcard examples? Got any?

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper
Guess I don't read the mail often enough... I have no idea what goes on the backside of a postcard.

Obviously an address & return address and a bunch of P.O. stuff.

Other than logo on upper left, how much room do I have and what do you generally put in this area?

It's going to previous clients. Going to offer them 10% cuz of my kids birthday.

Beeks

Name
J.R.
View attachment 2176
Guess I don't read the mail often enough... I have no idea what goes on the backside of a postcard.

Other than logo on upper left, how much room do I have and what do you generally put in this area?

It's going to previous clients. Going to offer them 10% cuz of my kids birthday.

Here is my 12 month mailer, we do this 3/6/9/12 different type of cards and sizes each mailing

Last edited:

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper
That's what I needed, Beeks! Thanksssssss.

Pretty much left of center I can put whatever I want.

Beeks

Name
J.R.
yea man np, how many cards do you send out to your past customers a year?

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper
They get an xmas card, that's it!

Soooo, this is all new for us. Going to try 3/4 times a year.

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
Don't forget to leave space for the barcode area and remember sometimes they will put on that big paper sticker that will cover up the bottom 1.5" of the postcard. So, don't put any important stuff at the bottom like phone numbers!!! ( Ummmmm......like in the example) http://www.expresscopy.com/postcard-specifications

expresscopy.com > Page Not Found
[h=1]404: Page Not Found[/h] We apologize, the requested page was not found on our server. If you typed the address in your browser’s Address bar, please double-check your spelling. Otherwise, one of the following links should help get you back on track:

:cry:

Beeks

Name
J.R.
Don't forget to leave space for the barcode area and remember sometimes they will put on that big paper sticker that will cover up the bottom 1.5" of the postcard. So, don't put any important stuff at the bottom like phone numbers!!! ( Ummmmm......like in the example) http://www.expresscopy.com/postcard-specifications
this has been thought about, and as you can see, there is clearly plenty of room for the little bard code they put on there....

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
in the return area jus the name of yor bidness......never the address...(the post office does NOT return post cards)
jus in case you screw up....they WON'T know where to throw the nails........

if you work outta yor house....
never let that address out......there ARE crazies out there ya know...who would put their home address out there...YOR FAMILY LIVES THERE!

Last edited:

Beeks

Name
J.R.
in the return area jus the name of yor bidness......never the address...(the post office does NOT return post cards)
jus in case you screw up....they WON'T know where to throw the nails........

if you work outta yor house....
never let that address out......there ARE crazies out there ya know...who would put their home address out there...YOR FAMILY LIVES THERE!

they DO return your postcards, they have been doing it since i have started doing mailers for years.....and if some "CRAZY" wants to find you they are "CRAZY" remember, they WILL find you!

Last edited:

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
they DO return your postcards, they have been doing it since i have started doing mailers for years.....and if some "CRAZY" wants to find you they are "CRAZY" remember, they WILL find you!

Just wanted to add. You want cards returned, because that is how you clean up your data base. If you don't clean your base you could be spending several hundreds or even thousands marketing to bad addresses.

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
i been mailing postcards for forty years........at the postcard rate there is NO return service!.......it will go to the address on the card....and i can't tell you
how much business i gotten from the "new tenants"....

Hey Beeks......so put yor home address on here......and i'll show you how someone can make yor life miserable!

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
not if you DON'T put a return address on it..LOL...
so maybe i wuz wrong about that one.......
since i was calling every three months ...
i had a pretty good handle on the "good and bad" addresses....

HOWEVER...since i worked the hood, mostly......
pre-computer age...i would refrain from a return address..

"cides which is better...a delivered postcard to a "new" custy...
or returned back to you?
what IS the postcard rate now...
it was 20 cent....when i was mailing them out

Last edited:

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
i could have the local newspaper insert 10,000 half-page flyers for $250.00....
Ken ever hear of the spinal column out in Commerce.......i paid to have 10K delivered to w Bloomfield zips.......they made a mistake and
saturated Pontiac south side......i was so pissed...till my phone lit up lik a Xmas tree.....

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
Sure thing Bob, I ran ads with them occasionally years ago. They filed for bankruptcy last fall but I think it is still operating.

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
i swapped CC for the inserts........ever clean a newspaper office?

IT TOTALLY SUCKS.......BUT it was the kickstart of my business

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
Over 50cents up here. The only good thing they have done is take the price off the stamp. You buy the stamp this year, its still good 5yrs from now.

I incl my address, not a worry up here, or as much.
I use the oversized postcards and have started doing mini newsletters. BY using a postcard a new owner/tenant has a chance to read it before putting it in the return box.

Beeks

Name
J.R.
Over 50cents up here. The only good thing they have done is take the price off the stamp. You buy the stamp this year, its still good 5yrs from now.

I incl my address, not a worry up here, or as much.
I use the oversized postcards and have started doing mini newsletters. BY using a postcard a new owner/tenant has a chance to read it before putting it in the return box.

i too do the mini newsleter postcard, im usuing as my 6 month mailer, where did you get your idea, and how is your return on it?

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
I sent out over a 1000 to all my clients. I got about a 100 back that can be taken off my list. I got 6 jobs, ave $300 each. Mailout cost me about $700.
I thought of doing the postcard out of necessity. I needed to get something out to my clients and the postcard was the simplest. I wanted to put something better than just a salespitch on the card, so I made it like a newsletter on the back. Besides the addresses on the front I also put a passive reminder of their last cleaning:
"If you lost track, your last cleaning was....I'm a phone call away when you're ready"

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member

For me its always tile, pm me your email if you want to see an example. No i didnt make it myself...

Always look at it as an opportunity to advertise another service.

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper
Besides the addresses on the front I also put a passive reminder of their last cleaning:

Ron, how the heck did you do that? Seems like going through every card, looking them up(one by one) on Quickbooks would take forever.
How did you efficiently do this, it's a great idea... Just wondering.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom