Are you guys seeing the air duct scammers on you local neighborhood blogs?

Mikey P

Administrator
I'm a member of a few and these "ads" are posted constantly..

Screenshot_20231226-065452.png

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
Good information from NADCA

How many duct cleaners might be present here?

Does the duct cleaning world have the same methods wars as goes on in cleaning?

My guess is that those with the truck powered units look askance at the guys who use portable systems.

Mikey P

Administrator
Good information from NADCA

How many duct cleaners might be present here?

Does the duct cleaning world have the same methods wars as goes on in cleaning?

My guess is that those with the truck powered units look askance at the guys who use portable systems.
The real pros have use both methods.

And just like our industry you have guys using just the portables (usually carpet cleaners), because it's all they can afford, and niche guys who only do highrise work.

Papa John

Lifetime Supportive Member
Name
John Stewart
Being a former Duct cleaner-- The service is not needed IF you have a modern HVAC system, use high-quality pleated filters, and change them at least once a year.-- The system will clean itself.
If you have an old-fashioned gravity system, then cleaning is a must.

I blew an engine on my water-cooled Blueline carpet cleaning machine while cleaning a restaurant's air ducts because I wasn't using any water, and the engine overheated. I guess it didn't have a bypass valve into the waste tank. 🤷‍♂️ :hopeless:

I stopped cleaning Air Ducts because I didn't want to be a part of the scam.

• Love
Reactions: Mikey P

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
Since Google has cracked down on all the fake addresses/lead gen companies, they've migrated to Facebook heavily. I anticipate it being more annoying in the warmer months. I think it's a perfect opportunity to educate your clients on this through social media posts, an email, or postcards.

Reactions: Jim Pemberton

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
I avoid my local neighborhood groups. I know just about everyone in town and those blogs are just a place for our local undesirables to pontificate.

Our neighborhood FB group had a heartwarming story about a dog that wakes someone up at 5:30 and leaves fecal gifts in nearby yards.

Helpful suggestions including returning the gifts to the owner’s car windshield. Follow ups included pictures of the dog and the fecal deposits...

Just the kind of place I’d like to find customers

Reactions: hogjowl

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom