Are these good selling points?

Mike Brummett

5 Reasons BASIC Carpet Care is the BEST VALUE for your money:

1- We are the NUMBER ONE Carpet Cleaning Firm referred by Quality LOCAL Retailers such as Kring's Interiors, Martin Floor Covering and Paradise Floors.

2- We are 100% LOCALLY owned. Your money stays in your community, supporting schools and local businesses. Franchises (Servicemaster, Chem-Dry, etc) must pay a percentage of their sales to an out-of-state home office. Often they are also required to purchase their cleaning products and equipment from that same home office, rather than from a locally owned supplier.

3- Our Cleaning System has the Carpet & Rug Institute Seal of Approval. Carpet Cleaners who do not have the CRI Seal of Approval will void the manufacturers warranty on better residential carpets made after 2006.

4- BASIC Carpet Care is a firm Certified by the Institute of Inspection, Cleaning and Restoration Certification, which sets educational standards for the carpet care industry. Since 1995 our staff has included an IICRC Certified Senior Carpet Inspector, the highest designation attainable.

5- Written Money-Back GUARANTEE on every job we do.

MIKE

adamh

Supportive Member
Name
Adam Hale
All great things I would look for in a company if I was searching for a cleaner. Makes you sound more professional that the others.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
how does bagging on the competition make one sound more "professional"?

I'm cool with mentioning the virtues of methods, equipment and certs and/or education

..L.T.A.

Mike Brummett

- Just trying to stick to 100% FACTS with my marketing bullet points.

Waldo - The offer to beat another cleaners price by 10%, was a ONE-TIME effort to attempt to salvage a RELATIONSHIP with a CUSTOMER who got it in his head that he was going to go with "the low-bidder".

I have many regular property managers and landlords that pay a good chunk less, because I'm doing work for them constantly, rather than once or twice a year.
Guys who CLAIM that they NEVER budge on their prices are either lying through their teeth, not charging enough, or the wife is carrying them with a real job.
The great thing about charging premium prices is that you have ROOM to come down some, when you WANT to.
Yes, in THAT situation I resorted to desparate measures to try to keep the customer from going elsewhere.

Some here act as if they would have told the customer they could "Go to hell". Well, that's their choice.
I grossed $198,000 in 2006 because I DON'T treat ANY customer that way.

MIKE

Mike Brummett

O.K., I see what you're saying.

The idea was to give examples of some franchise names, not to single out any particular one as a target

I used those two because they don't have a real strong presence in my area anyway. I also know that they really push buying from the Mother-Ship only.That's also the reason that I didn't use Stanley Steemer. The local one here is a genuine credit to our industry and a good guy all around.

BUT-

I will definitely think seriously about changing that part of it.

Thanks for the advice.

MIKE

Bob Foster

Mike I like the content on your website. I think it's one of the better ones for that out there.

danpauselius

BENEFITS!

I don't think many customers make their decision to buy based primarily on THOSE points. Think about WHY people choose one CCer over another when they're digging through a phone book. Any potential customer who is choosing a new cleaner has a reason or fear already in place. Address their fear or concern and let them know why you are different. Those are the items you want to emphasize. Personally, I'd use these:

Super fast dry times mean you can get back to life as usual in 1-2 hours.

We're on-time. No need to worry about a carpet cleaner who just doesn't show up.

No ugly surprises when you get the bill. The price you're told is the price you pay, even if we underestimate it.

Every technician at our company is IICRC certified. That means that you're carpets and upholstery are in safe hands and the results will be the absolute best possible.

We'll vacuum and move the furniture for you. We want you to relax while we work.

A FREE bottle of carpet and upholstery spotter with every service. You'll know it's safe for your family and your carpets.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Mike I respect you so much that you are one of the few who I'd let clean my carpets.

Hehehe

Got that idea right from Mikey!

LOL!

harryhides

Name
Tony
I agree with Dan, most customers don't give a crap about most of those points, except perhaps #1

Mike Brummett

Jimmy,
Your NOT gonna sucker me into THAT again!
Your mom kept following me around the whole time trying to micro-manage. I guess I have had to put up with that before, but you really SHOULDN'T let her chain-smoke while she's pulling that oxygen bottle around.

At least NOW I understand WHY you stay in the basement. It's in case she blows the house up. LOL

MIKE

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom