Another stranger from Down Under

G

My attention was drawn to Mikeys Board recently, unfortunately due to a post that revolved around something that I had placed on the Australian Forum. For those that have followed that topic in the Clean Room, you will have realised that 'Shortest One' and myself (and a couple of other Aussies that frequent this forum) don't see eye to eye :shock: on quite a few things...in saying that, unless Shorty stands on a chair, seeing eye to eye is a physical impossibility :lol: :lol:

Now on a serious note, to introduce myself...I have been involved in the carpet cleaning industry for most of my life as my father retired from the airforce after 30 years of service and purchased an imported Big Red T.M. back in 1975 and the rest was history...from about six or seven years of age I would spend weekends 'slaving away' to earn pocket money and at 21 years of age I purchased the family business and cleaned carpets for the following sixteen years (operating a four truck business). I followed this by working for Prochem Australia as a Sales rep, did a short stint with PowerClean in Australia, went back to Prochem before deciding it was time to work for myself retailing equipment.

The main motivation to go back to working for myself, was for lifestyle reasons and for the freedom to spend time doing other things around the home and with the family. One of my passions is decorating the home each year at Christmas time, last year was my sixteenth year-

DSCF6211.jpg
DSCF6223.jpg

My wife is a fulltime senior maths teacher at the local high school so being my own boss again allows me time to be 'Mr Mom' and run around after the kids, cook, clean, iron...well some of the time at least :lol: it's a 'reasonably' stress free life in between selling carpet cleaning 'bits and pieces' :roll:

I'll try and frequent Mikeys Board more often and keep up to date with the latest trends and gossip :wink:

Jack May

That Kiwi
Name
John
Ian, I moved it into here cos that's where it goes.... see you can't get away from (some) admin wherever you go Ivebeensold

Ian is from Queensland so you'll have to excuse him, THere's something in teh water over there :shock: :roll:

Jack

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
Welcome to Mikey's Board......... Stranger.?

Believe me when I say that in my mind, there are few stranger than this geezer.

Been a lurker since Wed Jun 25, 2008 4:43 am, and only now has decided to come out of the closet, so to speak.

Ooroo,

:roll:

G

Been a lurker since Wed Jun 25, 2008 4:43 am, and only now has decided to come out of the closet, so to speak.
Yes I joined the Mikey's Board some time back but just to have a look, I decided that I was spending enough of my free time on the Australian forum so I had rarely logged in since joining. After receiving an email informing me that the ongoing 'stouch' between you and I had ventured from the Australian board over to this one, I logged in for the first time in a long time to see what the 'fuss' was about. Whilst here, I decided that maybe I should finally introduce myself and also 'drop in' more frequently. :wink:

hogjowl

Idiot™
Welcome to our lovely home, but take my advice.

Never post personal pictures here. Especially of your children or grandchildren, and never give out personal information.

We have some real pervs hanging out here.

A couple are from Canada.

Jack May

That Kiwi
Name
John
John Middleton said:
Ian, I moved it into here cos that's where it goes.... see you can't get away from (some) admin wherever you go Ivebeensold

Ian (and Shorty) is from Queensland so you'll have to excuse him(them), There's something in the water over there :shock: :roll:

Jack

Jim Bethel

Name
Jim Bethel
John Middleton said:
Ian is from Queensland so you'll have to excuse him, THere's something in teh water over there :shock: :roll:

Jack

Hey, I resemble that comment :p Not all QLD'ers are as crazy as some.

Remember where you were from before you shifted to NZ. Pretty sure a little place called Mackay, also in QLD :lol:

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
Didn't I see you down the Cold Ghost just last year?? shiteatinggrin

Ooroo,

:lol:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom