Another Kiwi

andy_dale

Hi there,

I`m Andy from Waiheke Island which is a 35 minute boat trip from that little town Auckland in New Zealand. I see there are a few Kiwi's and Aussie's on here which is great.

I actually own a small business dealing with the architectural and design professions - mostly in Australia. I`ve had enough of sitting in front of a computer for my day job, I see potential opportunities in my area for carpet cleaning. Although I have absolutely no carpet cleaning experience, I am looking at setting up a carpet cleaning business where I live. At this stage I am trying to find the best setup at a price I can afford, possibly a portable Mytee M5 if shipping from the States is not too expensive.

There is an express carpet cleaning course which I intend to enrol in, otherwise - I look forward to learning as much as possible from the seasoned pro's on Mikey's board.

Thanks!

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
Andy, welcome to Mikey's mate.

Have you checked out the Aussie Forum ??

www.australianforums.biz

One of the mods that is on here frequently is John Middleton from Palmerston North.

His biz is Carpet Pro Ltd.

He has also imported stuff from the 'states, so give him a bell on the ode cologne.

Lotsa people here & on Oz forum that'll help you along.

Shorty.

andy_dale

Mikey P said:
Lucky you. To find this board is a godsend for a guy in your position.

Welcome!

Thanks Mikey,

I have learned a lot about the various hardware just by reading the forums, it's a fantastic place.

andy_dale

ShortyDownUnder said:
Andy, welcome to Mikey's mate.

Have you checked out the Aussie Forum ??

http://www.australianforums.biz

One of the mods that is on here frequently is John Middleton from Palmerston North.

His biz is Carpet Pro Ltd.

He has also imported stuff from the 'states, so give him a bell on the ode cologne.

Lotsa people here & on Oz forum that'll help you along.

Shorty.

Hi Shorty,

Yes I have. I tried to sign up on the Aussie forum last week - but I`m still waiting for someone to approve my account (can't view or post there).

Thanks for the info on John, looks like he has a lot of experience in this business. There are a few questions I hope he won't mind me asking, shipping costs\import tax etc. I think there is a cleaning company in Wellington that imports Mytee portables, but looking at the prices here in NZ - it would probably work out cheaper importing myself.

Thanks again for the welcome!

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
so give him a bell on the ode cologne.

love the vernacular

Welcome Andy
I've found the same, importing myself from the US is usually much less expensive than going through the local store. More headaches, but less expensive. Its good to know a good supplier though.

andy_dale

Ron Werner said:
so give him a bell on the ode cologne.

love the vernacular

Welcome Andy
I've found the same, importing myself from the US is usually much less expensive than going through the local store. More headaches, but less expensive. Its good to know a good supplier though.

Thanks Ron,

There seems to be a huge difference in price between local suppliers and buying direct from the States. I guess it comes down to how much the shipping and import tax cost, the exchange rate is looking positive which could seal the deal. There seems to be a lot of brands that are unavailable in New Zealand anyway, I can't find a local Rotovac reseller anywhere. I was looking at buying a 360i - but the porty is my priority right now and the budget is limited.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom