$20 referral cards Report

boazcan

Name
Bryan C
I have passed out about 600 of these cards and have had minimal success. Some is better than none and the overall ROI has been good. I am trying to move it along at a faster level. I recently sent out a letter explaining the program with a few cards in each/ Customers seem semi-interested, and refer us when they can. I don't see anyone going out of their way.

BUT........$20 incentive seems a bit low and not a big enough motivating factor to get them to actively pass these out. $20 would not motivate me to refer a service vendor. Actually, our lawn/pest control guy gives a card on each monthly visit that promotes a free month ($50) for a referral. I have yet to pass one out but they do good job.

Has anyone been using a larger amount? I was thinking of $40 or maybe $50. My average ticket is $350 not counting commercial work.

Who has opinions and is willing to report how these are working for you?

Bryan

Name
Ron lippold
brian I have tried several of these give a ways and they dont seem to work for me. I tell the ones that give referals this cleaning is on the house and a few days later a check shows up in the mail good referal sources dont want free. They just want to be able to refer someone respectable.

boazcan

Name
Bryan C
I agree with that assessment. My overall thought was that if I have to pay $xx.xx for each new customer through advertising, then I would rather pay that for a referral. They would be a much (warm) customer who knows a little about us. I want these referrals much more than a new customer through the web, postcard, etc.

I thought if I got really agressive to make people move on it, then the referrals would come at a faster rate. We are currently at 50/50 split on a job basis and much higher on dollar amount to commercial. This is fine and goes with our business plan. I am trying to put this truck to work FT during the day and get two crews going FT day and night.

Thanks Ron. You have been a big help to me over the past few months.

steve frasier

Supportive Member
Name
steve frasier
I just hand them out like business cards, people seem to respond better to them that way

Ron said:
I tell the ones that give referals this cleaning is on the house and a few days later a check shows up in the mail good referal sources dont want free. They just want to be able to refer someone respectable.
we usually don't make it out of the driveway

Name
Bruce
I've been handing mine out for about 1 month now. We have already got one referral from the card. That one job has paid for the 5000 cards I purchased. The rest of the jobs will be money in my pocket.

boazcan

Name
Bryan C
I have paid for the cards several times over. We are talking peanuts here.

I was really hoping to come up with a system to use these cards to replace "new customer" generation through the typical sources.

Because spending $10K on advertising vs. giving away $10K + in services is much different on the bottom line.

Bryan

tman7

Supportive Member
Name
Tony Gillihan
I have done ok with my own cards, but I dont give them out as much as I should. Generally I give them out along with a regular biz card. People that do use them tend to hang on to them for awhile. I sent the cards in a mailing last year and get presented with them even now. So just because you dont get an immediate response doesnt mean you wont get one.

I got a tip from Able1. He generates alot of work by distributing flyers in newspaper tubes. He does thousands at a time. So I am going try delivering 5000 of my flyers and see what kind of resonse I get. I see alot of 8.5x11 flyers in tubes so I am thinking the money flyers might be more likely to be noticed.

@ Boazcan; I do have $50's if your interested. Since you allready have a design on file it would be easy to convert it and I can give you a discount on 2500 or more.

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
Since Steve T has not jumped into this thread yet, I will ofer you my free report on how I got more referrals in my business. Sorry, but it does not include a free DVD on the wonders of Strategies for Sucess.

If you want the report, send me an email and I will attach it to the retunr email.

Scott Warrington

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
We have used the $20.00's in the retailers displays and have gotten a few back.

We've gotten a lot more back when our estimator hands them out. I think for the person that's on the fence, it has made them commit.

We are also working with the HVAC people using the bigger ones for a $25.00 discount on Air Ducts.

Nothing to jump up and down about yet, but the pieces look great.
8)

Scott

scottw said:
Since Steve T has not jumped into this thread yet, I will ofer you my free report on how I got more referrals in my business. Sorry, but it does not include a free DVD on the wonders of Strategies for Sucess.

If you want the report, send me an email and I will attach it to the retunr email.

Scott Warrington

You mean you ditched the Four Success Strategies idea?

:)

Back
Top Bottom